Im not singing in the rain, but Im sewing in the dark...

Dreepa

Easy way for more immersion and also strengthen the usage of light source (which I feel is currently not that important except for some special situations):

-When performing crafting activities in the dark, without using a light source, it can fail. Maybe not only degrading the item, but also hurting the player...  (ever used a hammer in pitch black darkness? There is a reason you don't ... )

-When outside, full moon could counter this effect a bit. I dont know if the game engine has a light intensity value or something like that which could be used for the query.

Well, just an idea. I thought it's possibly a low hanging fruit.

Cheers,

Seems like a sensible idea. Outside, this would be easy to code by just checking for day time, inside however would need some sort of check for light levels. Any Hinterland employee ready to enlighten us on the feasibility of this? I'm pretty much on boat with your ideas here.

we need an other long last light source in the game. Maybe a Tallow Light. Self-made from deer meat + cloth stripes + metal. Refilled with new meat and a new cloth stripe. This light, bright like a candle, spend light for a few hours and the game don't allow any working activities in darkness.

On 2.6.2016 at 5:43 PM, Dreepa said:

Easy way for more immersion and also strengthen the usage of light source (which I feel is currently not that important except for some special situations):

-When performing crafting activities in the dark, without using a light source, it can fail. Maybe not only degrading the item, but also hurting the player...  (ever used a hammer in pitch black darkness? There is a reason you don't ... )

-When outside, full moon could counter this effect a bit. I dont know if the game engine has a light intensity value or something like that which could be used for the query.

Well, just an idea. I thought it's possibly a low hanging fruit.

Cheers,

+1

Has been suggested various times in the past, and the suggestion is still good. By the way, you should have given this thread another title. I see myself singing "sewing in the dark" to the tune of "singing in the rain" for the rest of the evening...

I'm seee-wing in the dark,

just seee-wing in the dark,

what a glooo-rious night, I am nooot playing Ark... 

Archived