If you could bring one item...

my gerber kit.

it's a survival knife, with a built-on firestriker and emergency whistle, plus a complete guide on emergency hand signals, and a pocket guide on building shelter and snaring small game. and it comes with a small survival kit that i can just barely stuff into my front pocket, with a multi-tool, a thermal blanket, strike anywhere storm matches which can be extinguished and reused, copper wire, a length of small rope, cotton swabs, fishing line and tackle, a pocket firestriker, a heliograph mirror, another survival pocketguide, and string
... i don't fly without it :P

Just now, Tbone555 said:

my gerber kit.

it's a survival knife, with a built-on firestriker and emergency whistle, plus a complete guide on emergency hand signals, and a pocket guide on building shelter and snaring small game. and it comes with a small survival kit that i can just barely stuff into my front pocket, with a multi-tool, a thermal blanket, strike anywhere storm matches which can be extinguished and reused, copper wire, a length of small rope, cotton swabs, fishing line and tackle, a pocket firestriker, a heliograph mirror, another survival pocketguide, and string
... i don't fly without it :P

In Germany, we know of the mystical animal 'Eierlegende Wollmilchsau' - basically, egg-laying wool-milk-sow. That sounds kinda like it :D

My bed, hah, sleeping on a cloud, in my language translated to English it would say heavenbed, hence the sleeping on a cloud.
I hope noone minds me showing it off, took a couple a pictures when i moved into my new crib.
All i need really, i'd never leave it, probably die of starvation or something, i love that bed!

Foto1313.jpg

Foto1314.jpg

Canopy in english, forgot to say that, hah, had to look that up, even though i knew it, darn brain cells.
Looked in 3 countries for one, they're not easy to come by, only found modern ones, and a whole lot of them are in metal, bah, then i decided to have one made by a carpenter, it's 100% teak :D

2 minutes ago, Tbone555 said:

... if i had that bed i would live and die in it, most like playing the long dark the whole time. seriously. that looks so cozy ¬¬

One of my exes had one of those - the older ones have a metal frame, so even turning a little bit will wake you up with its creaking. Also, they tend to fall apart. When it comes to beds, it's about the mattress - Ironically, I do not own a bed, and instead sleep on a couch I have 'inherited' from the former renter of my apartment. Best sleep I ever had.

34 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

One of my exes had one of those - the older ones have a metal frame, so even turning a little bit will wake you up with its creaking. Also, they tend to fall apart. When it comes to beds, it's about the mattress - Ironically, I do not own a bed, and instead sleep on a couch I have 'inherited' from the former renter of my apartment. Best sleep I ever had.

unless youre being sarcastic, i feel you there! i personally like sleeping on the sofa in the livingroom than this bed which is older than i am xD

Just now, Tbone555 said:

unless youre being sarcastic, i feel you there! i personally like sleeping on the sofa in the livingroom than this bed which is older than i am xD

I'm not sarcastic here. I got two sofas for free when I moved here in November and haven't bothered to get a bed ever since the first night I slept on the large one. I just put a planket on it and it's comfortable. I used my bed-budget on fishing rods though :D

6 hours ago, Wastelander said:

In weird matter of speaking; 2 Hippo's could fornicate on that bed and it would still stand up like nothing happened.
I think your ex got ripped off, or didn't get one in solid wood, all my furniture is in solid wood, that'll make it last a century, unlike my siblings their stuff, they buy Ikea stuff every 3 years XD
Or she got one completely out of metal? What do you mean the older ones have a metal frame? Did you mean that the new ones have a metal frame? :P Older ones don't have metal.
Ofcourse a metal canopy bed would fall apart, i mean all you gotta do is look at it and it will collapse. Plus they're all like 20Cm (or less) above the floor, mine stands at 42 Cm above the floor, easy for cleaning. ^^

Best sleep i ever had/have in that bed, too bad it can get very lonely :'(

Wanna see my sleeping place before i found the canopy bed? I turned 2 sofa's and a table into a love arena.
Hehe, i think i've strayed far enough off-topic for now, so maybe later...

You know my last plan was to get a watermatrass for that bed, but then i figured i don't want to spoil my future mistress too much.
But then again, last waste of time i had wanted to sleep in my love arena rather than my caonpy, lol! So every night it took me 20 mins again to set it up only to break it down again the next morning.

Exactly right +1 Tbone555

Ps: sorry for hyjacking this thread and turning it into something about beds and sofa's, its my fault i shouldn't have posted those two pictures XD
The woman part.... is all on Wastelander!
Edit: Hahaha, this topic is from you, it thought some other chap made it and i felt a little guilty, darn i should get some sleep... someday...
I feel silly now -.-

• 1 month later...

Archived