New Challenges

SteveP

New Challenges  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Tbone555 said:

that would definitely be a challenge! a very interesting one at that. your survival time would basically revolve around the luck of finding soda!

Or maybe that mushroom tea thingie (I never used those), tea and coffee, which are valuable resources otherwise.

Another challenge: Vegetarianism! (should be self-explanatory)

1 minute ago, Ruruwawa said:

No weapons or tools except what you can craft.

Impossible though. You need looted tools to make a fire, you need a fire to make half of everything. You need a hatchet to gather samplings.

I'll try it once we get primitive firemaking techniques though!

4 minutes ago, Wastelander said:

Impossible though. You need looted tools to make a fire, you need a fire to make half of everything. You need a hatchet to gather samplings.

I'll try it once we get primitive firemaking techniques though!

I agree, but I'm actually going to give this a try now.  Since there's no bow drill yet, I'll let myself loot and use matches for now.  No firestarter or magnifier though.

For hatchet... can't we craft those at the riken?

6 minutes ago, Ruruwawa said:

Hammer... I forgot that little detail.  Still, not that bad.  If you had a challenge where the only tool or weapon loot in the whole game was a hammer and a magnifier it could still be pretty wonderful.

I probably wouldn't want to play this on Stalker, considering how I like to survive for more than three days :D

But yeah, it's doable. I hope some players who have more experience and expertise than me read this and do this! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Care Bear. Survive as long as you can on the hunted challenge.

I'm try this challenge now and  sitting on a cold ledge in TWM working off some cabin fever at 15% condition as Yogi patiently waits below.

• 4 months later...

Terribly sorry for necroing a thread, but my ideas weren't enough to allow a new one I guess.

I have a couple of new ones:

• Terminate with extreme prejudice: You may not evade wolves, you have to fight them. You may maneuver yourself into a favorable position as you see fit, but once you've spotted it, you have to engage.
  • Search and destroy: Same as above but you have to seek 'em out.
  • Black Ops: Same as both above, but you may not use a rifle. Stay silent.
  • Going for the big ones: Same as above, but it includes bears.
  • Wildfire: You may only light fires outdoors.
  • Only you can prevent forest fires: Same as Wildfire, but you have to have at least 2 trees near you.
  • Prevent sodium overdose: No salt crackers.
  • Thalassophobia: No fishing, no beachcombing, no shelter within view of the ocean.
  • Highway to hell: Nights must be spent on known and visible roads
  • Well regulated: You must have your rifle completely loaded (i.e. 10 rounds) before you may first fire it. You may not reload it unless you have 10 more rounds in your inventory.
  • Satanist: Have a pentacle of campfires burning for a screenshot with a random animal carcass in the middle

Archived