music that reminds you of TLD!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New people in this thread, read this:

We have a wide variety of music in this thread, please don't discard it because the newest post doesn't suit your tastes. Have an open mind, listen to stuff you like and pay respect to @Tbone555 for making this awesome thread. He's a cool guy and you should definitely buy him a beer, that's what I would do.

• 2 weeks later...

Sum' even say he'd found somethin' out there. Somethin' out there in tha snow. But... eh, deez are jus' some ramblin's of an ol' jeezer. 'tis not like he'd found a Sasquatch or somethin'.

Dun' get me wrong tho, sonny. He seen the real horror. Walks on two legs, just like tha Sasquatch. Tha Sasquatch don't have no gun though, dunnit?

Bunch'a lies tho. He, and a load o' others 'av seen worse, sonny. Folks can be reasoned with, though it may be hard with a twelve-gauge on yer forehead. Real trouble isn't even dem bears out there, they's a buncha pansies when ya get proper loud, hear what I'm saying?

Nah. The Wastelander, the @Tbone555, the @alone sniper and the @Baukster77, they seen that real trouble. The wolves.

Annoying as a vermin, but intelligent like yer damn parrot, I tell ya. And 'dose four, and I s'ppose a couple dozen, if not hundred, others encounterd and fought 'em as well.

Nothin' new? I tell ya what, kiddo.

Dey were the first, sonny. Not the first of our kind, but maybe tha first ones aft'a the event, I tell ya. We 'umans shanked wolves thousands of years ago, but it was a forgotten art, and they, among others, revived it, ya know?

But they did it differently, ya know. A more... whaddacallit? Si... sini... sinister. Sinister, yeah. A more sinister way. I don't know how and I don't know why, an' quite frankly, I can both live and die without that knowledge.

They fought 'em naked, screaming and cursing, like the Berserkir of the old norse tales. Armed with just a knife or sometimes even less.

No, sonny, I dunno why, or how dey diddit. But, if ye ask me, I say everythin's possible in dat gamble - deal with de devil? Are dey aliens? Demons? Angels?

I swear on me rifle, I dunno. I just know, deez folks 'o call 'emselves "Survivors", dey's scary. Useful, but scary.

And if ye wanna steer clear of 'em, sonny, just carry this little bar of grain, honey and sugar. Legend says it attracts deir good will but keeps 'em away, for dey fear deir stomach's gonna 'splode, like Father Jameston did after he pulled the stalk out of the Holy Apple.

But what do we know? 'tis been years since either the Soaring Man or the Healing Woman have been seen.

[No idea why I am writing a spontaneious fanfiction monologue years after the TLD event while posting music, but damn, it's fun :D ]

Dat ruin over 'dere? 'tis nothing but an old damn. Yeh, just like the ones we use to keep 'em water ditches in check, ya know. Just... bigger. Way bigger. And not fer farming, I s'pose. Never go there. Legend has it that it houses the King of Wolves, the mighty Flah-Fee, the lurker in the shadows. Furry ol' fella's a big ol' meany if ye ask me - those wolves ain't got no problem with the cold, yet dis furry 'lil bugger haunts a house that could house half a dozen families. I just wish....
[The old farmer, who was a kid when the Survivor came along, sheds a single tear]
I just wish the Soaring Man or the Healing Woman came back. ya know. To deal with it. They always dealt with problems.

Archived