Since the update ...I don't feel sorry for wolves anymore!!

cowboymrh

I have to say that with the new re-balancing of wolf behavior since the update....... My entire perception of wolves (at least in Stalker Mode) now has changed from being a cute and cuddly "minor nuisance" to "the most fearsome predator in the game"!!

I am soooooooo glad I didn't test the new update with my 540 day character!!

I've gone through at least 8 new "stalker" characters starting on Timberwolf Mountain and every death except 1 was from wolves!!

From what I've seen, the wolves notice you from a greater distance, and their behavior is now completely unpridictable when it comes to flares, torches, and decoys!

My last "Stalker Character" who is still alive, was walking from Timberwolf Mountain to the Paradise Valley Homestead. The Homestead was in view and off to the left I saw a pack of 4 wolves in the trees off in the distance, and it literally made the hair stand up on the back of my neck as I thought to myself "If they notice me, I'm dead"!!

I haven't felt that feeling in this game for a long time!!

I think I can say with almost complete confidence that you won't be hearing anyone in the forums lamenting about "this game is too easy" anymore!!

You "Nailed It" Hinterlands!! Congratulations!! ;)   The "FEAR" is back!! O.o

Now you are making me dread loading up a Voyager play through with the new updates!

I've already noticed the unpredictability of the wolves and deer behavior. I had five deer outside Trappers for about four days, and no wolves at all. Then the deer disappeared, and only rabbits are hanging around Trappers. And the first time I made it down to Mystery Lake, there were no wolves around Camp Office or the lake itself, but there were five deer on the eastern side of the ice! Whoa! The next time I went there, a few days later, no deer, but two wolves.

I'm playing Pilgrim right now because I want to see how things play out. But I'm going to move up to Voyager soon . . . 

I think. :side-eye:

12 hours ago, hauteecolerider said:

I'm playing Pilgrim right now because I want to see how things play out. But I'm going to move up to Voyager soon . . . 

As am I. I died on my 80 day voyager save just before the update. So far, I am trying out pilgrim for a while and the challenges. 

Archived