Gunsmithing designs (pre-implemented)

Diamondz

Hey Guys, since there's a plan to implement gunsmith abilities, and there is a lot of talk about design control, maybe Hinterland can pre-implement 4 rifle designs, each with it's own strengths and weaknesses when out in the bush.

My impression of this was that we would be able to reload cartridge cases using bullets, gunpowder, resizing dies and a reloading press. To my knowledge, no one has mentioned this on the forums yet. I wonder if they will do anything to improve ballistics modelling. It kind of moves away from the survival theme to a hunting theme and while I would favor it, I would prefer to see more primitive technologies such as primitive weapons making. The atlatl for example was invented prior to the bow and arrow. BTW there is a great new series on primitive technologies and human evolution called The Great Human Race.

15 minutes ago, SteveP said:

My impression of this was that we would be able to reload cartridge cases using bullets, gunpowder, resizing dies and a reloading press. To my knowledge, no one has mentioned this on the forums yet. I wonder if they will do anything to improve ballistics modelling. It kind of moves away from the survival theme to a hunting theme and while I would favor it, I would prefer to see more primitive technologies such as primitive weapons making. The atlatl for example was invented prior to the bow and arrow. BTW there is a great new series on primitive technologies and human evolution called The Great Human Race.

I guess that could be true, however since the setting is still in the 21st Century, despite the geomagnetic storm there is still technology that would be of use to us as the players. Perhaps there could be a transition period back to the stone age.( Note this is just a theoretical response)

Archived