(GAMEMODE) Lets add some realism

exeexe

This game mode is for people who wants something harder than Stalker but is not ready for mega hard mode (only allowed to sleep outside)

Rule 1: Play on stalker

Rule 2: Cant start in Timberwolf Mountain. Desolation Point is off limits

Rule 3: Cant use beds in residential areas and cant loot in bedrooms - you can walk through a bedroom to get to the next room (note the red towers and trailers are not residential areas) - (people died in their beds and bedrooms are terrible places to be)

Rule 4: Visible tools (items that goes into inventory group 3) can be picked up where ever u can find them

Rule 5: You have to drop 4 liters of water when sleeping inside for 2 hours or more. These 4 liters of water can not be used again. This cost of 4 ltr only has to happen every 24 hours. So if you sleep for 2 hours, is awake for 1 hour then sleep for another 2 hour, then you only have to make 4 liter of water one time. When you sleep inside under such luxury condition then you also have the resources to take care of your hygiene. So thats what the 4 ltr are for.

Rule 6: When attacked by a wolf and if you survived you have to use a bandage and drop 5 matches. The wolf will probably also dmg your items during the fight. Thats what the matches are symbolising. If a bear attacked you, you have to drop a package of matches, and the package has to contain at least 10 matches.
(rule 6 can be violated, the punishment for doing so is sleep outside for 3 consecutive days. In Coastal highway you also have to go through the ice during the first day of those 3 days since you no longer die from this). Rule 6 can be ignored on day 1

Rule 7: When you are in a mine you have to take all your clothes off. You can keep clothes on that are made out of animal skin (mines are cold)

Rule 8: When you are outside and the temperature feels -15C or below (5F) you have to take all your clothes off. You can keep clothes on that are made out of animal skin

Rule 9: A crafting table can only be used 3 times. The crafting table has a drawer, so everytime you use a crafting table you have to drop a match or 0,5 liter of water in the adjacent drawer. A match can be substituted with 0,5 liter of water anytime and vice versa. When the matches disappear you can use the crafting table again.

Rule 10: You cant run when below 40% condition

Rule 11: You suffer from dysphagia and cant swallow pills

Rule 12: cant harvest curtains and chairs that gives cloths

Rule 13: Dont be greedy, let some for other survivors too. If you carry an item in inventory group 2 (clothing) and you find another similar item then u cant pick it up. Example: you carry some mittens and you find a pair of mittens, then u cant collect them and have 2 mittens. Example: you carry some mittens and you find a pair of gloves, then u can collect them.

Rule 14: Not allowed to stop eating meat for the purpose of creating a low weight bait for wolves

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, exeexe said:

This game mode is for people who wants something harder than Stalker but is not ready for mega hard mode (only allowed to sleep outside)

------

Thoughts?

It's an interesting gameplay matrix you've worked up here. A lot to keep track of, but I could see some interesting stories emerging from the process of managing these "restrictions." It would be one way to get to understand the game systems much better. Thanks for sharing it. :coffee:

--Patrick

It may seem a lot to keep track of at the first sight. But one get used to it pretty fast.
I would say rule 8 is the one that is hardest to manage. And maybe rule nr 5 should only apply after u find a hatchet. Its very hard to survive with rule 5 without a hatchet.

Yeah talk about tedium. I'm hoping the new patch/release comes quick. I fear with a 4 month delay between patches/progress people are beginning to lose interest in the project. That is a real concern. A look at balance between completeness and throwing the community an update bone might be a worth consideration. Certainly they can't be more than a month away from release can they?

On 22/3/2016 at 8:05 PM, Hotzn said:

This challenge is for people who aspire to work in administration...

haha its all about having fun and if i have more fun with this mode than vanilla stalker then i prefer this mode. And yes i have more fun. I think im on day 40 or so and it has never been boring always something to do, always going to the limit.
Like just now i hauled all my skins and 5 jerry cans (more than 10kg of skins) from the office to the radio tower. From my first base to my new base. And when i arrived at the radio tower i had no more food only a tomato soup. Pretty good calculation/luck for a trip from the radio tower to the office and back... But it keeps it tense and thats what i like

But before i could do that, i had to repair my sleeping bag but i didnt have more cloths so i had to go out on an expedition to find some cloths. Because cloth is hard to find.

My clothings
wwc47s.jpg

My 5 jerrys :D
2zz6vtl.jpg

Archived