A few suggestions

Coldy

Hi, everybody!
Sorry for my bad English, I'm French 

So, I'm going to suggest a few changes for this game.
I already posted a few ideas a few months ago, but Since then, I played a lot more. This game is so amazing (Maybe it's because I love realism and cold and survival). But let's jump to the suggestion. 
Also, sorry if some of the suggestions I make where already posted 

Wolves : -I think it would be better if wolves where actually working in a pack, you would encounter them more rarely, but when you would, you would already be dead meat (or not but it would be more intense). 
-Add babies, everybody loves baby wolves
-wolf lair? Wolf returning in the lair when morning comes and going out at the sunset? If you kill too many they don't spawn anymore? Could wolves have to eat a daily amount of meat or they starve? I think I am actually asking too much there... Yup I definitely am.

Bears: 
-a bear. Deadly, very fast in spite of it's looks. So why is it so slow and nearly passive until you attack him? Did you see the revenant? That bear was scary. Those in game are easy to avoid.
They should be more aggressive and faster.
-And just like in the revenant (yup, again) make baby bears  

Deers: -baby deers

And after watching the revenant (yup, AGAIN), i found something was weird: in this game, you can heal from a tons of wolves biting your neck off simply with a bandage, antiseptic and a little sleep.
But it's a game. Too much realism kills the fun. For some of us. (Maybe make a realism game mode?)

I am almost sure these ones have been discussed before but just in case:
Being able to make a little tent with animal skin and sticks. Would be very useful in timberwolf mountain. 
Craft traps for bigger animals than rabbits.
Moving corpses (extremely useful)
Jumping 
Maybe an empty big city already scavenged by other people and now even emptier then nature? 

I hope my suggestions were
Useful, a big thanks to the devs and keep the amazing work on!

Your suggestions are good, but probably too tough for me!  I hope they consider your 'realism' mode as I'm sure many other would enjoy it as well as you.  Bears are already aggressive enough for me! :o 

I also would like to have a tent.  I find it bizarre that I have ransacked every house in this supposed Canadian wilderness and can't find a single tent! What happened to all the outdoorsy British Columbians I used to know? ;) 

It is completely realistic to have an extreme weather tent; Mount Everest climbers stop at Camp IV at 26,000ft (7,920m).  I don't think Timberwolf is that high!  It would take up pack weight, and vulnerable to wildlife attacks, so I think there are sufficient tradeoffs for the risks.

@Coldy Have you ever encountered a bear in The Long Dark? I agree that they could be a slight bit more dangerous, but there are situations when you don´t see them coming and get totally mauled. Knowing where they are helps alot, but they´re already quite dangerous. Another point of yours has already been made by others, but you are totally right: stalker isn´t the hardest mode in the end. We need an even harder mode, with wolves in packs and deadlier injuries. It gets too easy much too soon. (Except timberwolf mountain as a starter region, that´s nasty ;P) 

2 hours ago, June said:

@Coldy Have you ever encountered a bear in The Long Dark? I agree that they could be a slight bit more dangerous, but there are situations when you don´t see them coming and get totally mauled. Knowing where they are helps alot, but they´re already quite dangerous. Another point of yours has already been made by others, but you are totally right: stalker isn´t the hardest mode in the end. We need an even harder mode, with wolves in packs and deadlier injuries. It gets too easy much too soon. (Except timberwolf mountain as a starter region, that´s nasty ;P) 

A suicide level? It sounds good. I wonder how easy it would be to implement? Sounds like work to the wolf AI but otherwise, just tuning the loot spawn. How would they start off? Zero food spawns; no weapons at all; one pack of paper matches and a hidden magnifying lens? Is it doable? :ph34r:

Proper wolf pack = dead player, either by mauling or by starvation.

Wolves dont have pups till spring. Ever.

Wolves use dens only when they have pups. Pack wouldnt be able to feed itself if they would be bound to small area. So most of the time wolf pack is on the move, patrolling its, soften large, territory and looking for something to chew on.

Bears are docile because its a friggin winter. They arent even supposed to be up during this time of the year. They are basically sleepwalking.

Honestly, i generally dislike how healing works in the game. Keeping condition up is not really a problem. Id prefer condition gain from sleeping to decrease by 2/3 and further decrease if any of player other 3 conditions are below 0. So that absurd crap like "sleeping off" starvation would be impossible, like it is now, where condition gain from sleeping is greater than loss from starvation. And seriously, getting mauled by 2-3 wolves in a row and then just "sleep it off" for 8-9 hours to be back in prime shape.

And i dont think that we need yet another difficulty mode, we need ability to adjust world mechanics to fit our criteria of "challenging" or "casual". Stalker was extremely disappointing in terms of difficulty when i switched to it, it was more annoying rather than actually harder.

Thanks for the mazing feedback!

On 20/3/2016 at 11:08 PM, June said:

Have you ever encountered a bear in The Long Dark? I agree that they could be a slight bit more dangerous, but there are situations when you don´t see them coming and get totally mauled.

I have already encountered bears, and unless I ran on them intentionnaly or shot them, they would just walk slowly towards me, and i would have more than enough time to back off, i think bears should be more feared than wolves, and now, they are just easy food in pleasant valley.

On 21/3/2016 at 2:23 PM, Dirmagnos said:

Proper wolf pack = dead player, either by mauling or by starvation.

Unless you're equipped and ready, yes, and that's what i like! (But that would only happen if you actually are unlucky enough to become the prey of the pack) ;) (Not all players might like it though)

Wolves dont have pups till spring. Ever.

Bears usually don't wake up during winter so...

Wolves use dens only when they have pups. Pack wouldnt be able to feed itself if they would be bound to small area. So most of the time wolf pack is on the move, patrolling its, soften large, territory and looking for something to chew on.

Yeah, the den wasn't that much of a good idea, but with the pack and terrtitory thing, they would be fewer wolfs, but all in a big pack, and more dangerous, as you might be included in 'something to chew on'.

Bears are docile because its a friggin winter. They arent even supposed to be up during this time of the year. They are basically sleepwalking.

I agree. BUT bears are there. So, it would be better to find them a better place than just a passive calorie bomb if you have a house, and an easily avoidable danger if you don't.

Honestly, i generally dislike how healing works in the game. Keeping condition up is not really a problem. Id prefer condition gain from sleeping to decrease by 2/3 and further decrease if any of player other 3 conditions are below 0. So that absurd crap like "sleeping off" starvation would be impossible, like it is now, where condition gain from sleeping is greater than loss from starvation. And seriously, getting mauled by 2-3 wolves in a row and then just "sleep it off" for 8-9 hours to be back in prime shape.

+ 1

On 20/3/2016 at 10:58 PM, Vhalkyrie said:

Your suggestions are good, but probably too tough for me!  I hope they consider your 'realism' mode as I'm sure many other would enjoy it as well as you.  Bears are already aggressive enough for me! :o 

I also would like to have a tent.  I find it bizarre that I have ransacked every house in this supposed Canadian wilderness and can't find a single tent! What happened to all the outdoorsy British Columbians I used to know? ;) 

It is completely realistic to have an extreme weather tent; Mount Everest climbers stop at Camp IV at 26,000ft (7,920m).  I don't think Timberwolf is that high!  It would take up pack weight, and vulnerable to wildlife attacks, so I think there are sufficient tradeoffs for the risks.

+ 1

And i dont think that we need yet another difficulty mode, we need ability to adjust world mechanics to fit our criteria of "challenging" or "casual". Stalker was extremely disappointing in terms of difficulty when i switched to it, it was more annoying rather than actually harder.

Not really a more difficult mode, but a realistic one. Some things would be easier, and others more difficults; but realism would be nice. Setting a forest or a house on fire... That would be too easy (without wind)

But making Bigger fires would be cool

Archived