Forum Bugs (duplicate postings & extra reply window)

cekivi

All the nifty features for embedding images and videos seems to be missing in the editing post feature for the forum.O.o

Emoticons are quite different now. :geek: doesn't work anymore. :P

Update: you can just type in the URL of a video and it will automatically embed. Most of the time, you can embed an image by using its URL too however if that doesn't work because the source website doesn't like embedded links to images, then you can download an image and then upload it to your message and then embed it into the message.

We are definitely aware of some of the bugs mentioned here, and have submitted tickets to our forum software provider.

If any users notice issues with their usernames, post counts, or editing privileges, please feel free to message me directly. I'm working on reinstating group badges, new emoticons, and a few other small things. The emoticons from the old forums were from a different software package, so it's likely you won't see all of the same options from before.  

I'm also going to move this post out of this forum as it is not a report for a PC bug. 

1 hour ago, illanthropist said:

Getting an error EX0 upon submitting a post and returning to find a duplicate, browser info  Google Chrome Version 48.0.2564.116 m

Yes, this issue has been submitted to the Invision team for review. Thanks for letting us know.

There is a video tag for embedding videos and pictures but I don't know  how to use it. When I edit an old post, the video shows up without any of the internal xml. bBvideo is the xml tag.

Update: Embedding videos works by just typing the URL. Some of the old tags are no longer in use but the old messages still show the videos and images fine.

7 minutes ago, SteveP said:

The feature to go to the first unread post is gone now. Pity, that was very useful for long threads. On the plus side, we have more flexibility to follow threads but I'm still trying to learn the new forum. Any tips for a Forum How-to/Help feature?

I'll be sharing a post with some of the forum features a bit later. 

If you go to the "Activity" tab, you'll be able to select a list of options for new posts/unread content, and organize how you'd like to read them. You can also set up custom content streams to filter new posts for specific items you're interested in.

Image attachment options are at the bottom of the posting tool. Additionally, if you just paste a link to  an image or video directly in your text window, the IP board will automatically embed it.

All of the features from our old board are here, they're just a bit different. I'll be more than happy to help anyone that has any questions, and again, we'll be posting some highlights of the new features a bit later. 

The duplicate posting problem is less frequent but it still happens at times. It has been replaced by another bug where your original reply gets posted but you are now left in another empty dialogue box ready to start another comment. Once you have started to post a reply, there doesn't seem to be a way to cancel it. When I just closed the window, the next time I tried to start a comment, it was pre-filled with my old and abandoned comment from a couple days earlier.

@SteveP Yes - we are investigating the duplicate posts today and expect to have it resolved soon. 

I'm going to merge your thread with an existing discussion and move it out of this forum, as it's not a technical PC issue associated with the game.

For your other bug, you may want to try logging out, forcing a hard refresh with CTRL + F5, and logging back in. This issue hasn't been reported anywhere else, but I'll be sure to mention it in my notes to our forum provider. 

Double posting seems to be cured now.

The old spoiler tag [spoil] text here [/spoil] doesn't work any more. Any chance that we can get this fixed/added in the forum? We have a ton of spoilers and it would be nice if folks can decide if they want to look at the spoiler or not. There are a number of situations that often cause newbies problems esp with wolves but I think it's important to let them work out these problems by experimentation if they want to or by getting help readily if they get stuck. We don't want them to get frustrated and give up.

Archived