Flickering snow

Wasteland Watcher

I normally like my video settings on 'ultra.'

However, I notice when walking outdoors that the snow on the ground "flickers" between very bright, "glowy" white, and dirty white (almost grey) depending upon my view angle.

Setting video to 'medium' resolves it but...I'd rather play on 'ultra.'

Anyone know what video card setting I should change to resolve this?

I experienced this a while back but I don't know how to use the new forum controls to find the original post :)

The ultra bright snow is supposed to simulate snow blindness according to the devs. If I remember the response to my original post it is a system they're still tuning. Unfortunately, that means I have no proper advice to offer you :)

19 minutes ago, cekivi said:

I experienced this a while back but I don't know how to use the new forum controls to find the original post :)

The ultra bright snow is supposed to simulate snow blindness according to the devs. If I remember the response to my original post it is a system they're still tuning. Unfortunately, that means I have no proper advice to offer you :)

Thank you very much for the reponse and info -- appreciated :)

So...I guess the best thing to do is leave it on Ultra for simulated 'snow blindness.' 

For now. I normally only experience this problem on really bright days. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next major update. Most of the recent ones have been to fix some X-Box save issues.

I also found my original post although it doesn't really add much:

Best of luck!

29 minutes ago, cekivi said:

For now. I normally only experience this problem on really bright days. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next major update. Most of the recent ones have been to fix some X-Box save issues.

I also found my original post although it doesn't really add much:

Best of luck!

Thanks very much!

Agreed hope it's fixed soon (I game on PC). Cheers :)

Archived