Sitting

Hokken

1 hour ago, MrsHoneypot said:

I think the point of the suggestion is to be able to gain a little rest while doing sedentary tasks like reading or sewing.

I'm still unclear as to how adding sitting would accomplish anything since both those activities involve the same sort of screen as Passing Time and Sleeping currently do and there is nothing in that screen at any time to indicate the body position of the player.  We imagine the player lies down to sleep, so we can also imagine the player sits down to sew.  In both cases, the screen is merely black with a moving circle in the center of it.  As I said, those more sedentary activities do already consume fewer calories than walking around.  Are we talking regen of health while doing these things instead?  If so, I'm against it unless there's a way in custom settings to turn the regen off (to preserve the concept of deadman).

Ok, Upup. 

In real life would you sew something in a standing or crouching position? Would you, perhaps, sit for this task?

Why would you sit? It may be because this is more restful. Not concentrating on your balance to stand or crouch would allow you to pay more attention to your task. The same applies for reading, but it's possible to do that laying down.

Ok, it's just a game. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. It's just an extra piece of detail. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsHoneypot said:

Ok, Upup. 

In real life would you sew something in a standing or crouching position? Would you, perhaps, sit for this task?

Why would you sit? It may be because this is more restful. Not concentrating on your balance to stand or crouch would allow you to pay more attention to your task. The same applies for reading, but it's possible to do that laying down.

Ok, it's just a game. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. It's just an extra piece of detail. 

In game, the screen goes black when we sew, when we cook, when we pass time, and when we sleep.  When  sleeping, we al (I'm pretty sure) imagine the character lying down. even though we don't see him/her actually getting into the bed.  What I'm wondering is what's so difficulty then about imagining the character sitting down to sew or sitting down when cooking next to a campfire (because beside a stove I would be standing), and whenever we pass time?  I don't see where it adds detail as long as these functions take place in the UI with the blackened screen and the timer and we are in a camera view anyways that doesn't ever see our arms and legs.  I already said that their adding a third-person camera view would change my thoughts on this entirely.  What do you want from me here that you're being so confrontational?

Hmm. I´m sorry if I seem confrontational. That is not my intention at all. 

I thought I was just explaining something. I´ve failed. I´m sorry for that.

Can we agree to disagree and go back to a civilized discussion?

As I said before, it´s just a game (albeit a beautiful one), it doesn´t matter.