Maple Spawns?

hekele

I am going on almost 50 days on the ML map and the bow I crafted is getting low on condition (the one I found was low condition to begin with and I abandoned it at 17%, figuring it was going to break on the next use). I've thoroughly checked the 2 other maple spawn points and I think I went through the 4th one, but can't be sure I looked around a lot as it was a long time ago. I read an old post that seemed to suggest there is only one maple sapling on the ML map. My plan was to get a sapling curing, stock up on some supplies, then venture on to the Coastal Highway - I'm currently based at the dam in preparation. Trying to decide if it's worth it to try to check that last maple spawn point or not. If there's only one, then I've already got it and need to move on before my bow breaks without wasting any more time! Otherwise, I want to do some more searching for a bunker, which I've yet to find one of in any play through. Thanks!

on my last playthrough, i had a total of 4 maple saplings before i left ML. best thing to do is explore the entire area, not just the locations shown on a map. you will often find a sapling in place of a hatch at possible cache locations.

Hmm. No luck so far. I've checked all but one hatch location as well and tramped through about 85% of the map. There's a surfeit of birch saplings. I could equip a small army with arrows if I had some more arrowheads. Unfortunately at this point, I'm likely to lose the bow in a day or two and without a replacement, go back to starving and naked. :P

It may be harder on you clothes and takes longer but I always crouch while crossing the dam and the railway bridge. This was the result of a bad fall I had that prematurely ended my first playthough on the coastal highway. This may be excesive but I have never fallen if I'm crossing a narrow ledge while crouched.

Good tip, thanks. I ventured out onto the Carter River earlier this evening, and made it back across the dam with tons of cattails, rose hips, mushrooms, meat from wolf and deer, and a precious three maple saplings. Just did each step individually, adjusting every time. Now I just need to keep my meat supply up while they cure. I'll be careful of the railway bridge when I head that way, too!

Archived