Cooking meat

As I was playing the game the other day, I had the idea that it would be great to have a "Cook all" option to cook many pieces of meat or fish at once.

Maybe it's already been said, but I felt like mentioning it just in case. Thanks for the consideration!

Very good idea, or even better would be a choice of cooking 1 or 10 or 20 or all option

Ah, yes, I think that's an excellent development of the original idea. Maybe that could also apply to other actions where a large amount has to be handled (e.g. water)?

if cooking in bulk you would also need a large grill / barbecue plate because you can't just wack 10 steaks in one small frying pan :)

Maybe the devs create some outdoor grills/ barbecue areas for cooking outdoors. Throw in a few beers we all can have a fun time lol. Until the weather turns nasty :)

I'd really just like the option of being able to do something else while meat cooks and water boils. If I take too long the meat burns or the water evaporates, but I should be able to leave my frying pan long enough to go grab some more wood or take a drink or something.

I've already mentioned this on another form, but this idea desperately needs to be implemented. I would like a "cook all" button rather than a option to cook multiple venison. Cooking 1 piece of venison, rabbit and wolf meat still sounds a little tedious. Maybe we could get pots or frying pans as items that we can find and cook multiple things from the same fire as long as we have ways to do it? Maybe be able to cook 3 pieces of venison in 1 frying pan? People don't need pots or pans to cook their food though. Maybe that would be the benefit of being of having pots and pans? To be able to cook multiple things at once?

One solution I've seen will allow a player start cooking multiple things, but they can walk away or continuously check the progress of the food. If they wait to long, the food will become burnt. It would still be edible, but may loose some calories from their meal. I personally like this solution because wolves are still walking around if you are cooking outside. I haven't had this happen to me, but I'm constantly paranoid that a wolf will sneak up on me while the time flies as I heat up my food.

It is really a waste of time that I have to cook each piece of meat individually. Click. wait. Click. wait. Click. wait. Click. Why can't we do the same with this as with water or clothing? Speed up the time passing while cooking but not have to wait for every. single. piece. and. click. click. click.

As I was playing the game the other day, I had the idea that it would be great to have a "Cook all" option to cook many pieces of meat or fish at once.

Maybe it's already been said, but I felt like mentioning it just in case. Thanks for the consideration!

I would like this and an option to melt + boil specific quantities of water in one step.

if cooking in bulk you would also need a large grill / barbecue plate because you can't just wack 10 steaks in one small frying pan :)

Maybe the devs create some outdoor grills/ barbecue areas for cooking outdoors. Throw in a few beers we all can have a fun time lol. Until the weather turns nasty :)

It would not be cooking all concurrently (at the same time). It would be cooking all sequentially (one and then another).

This would be a QoL request to reduce clicking.

I prefer being able to do something else, while the meat cooks. It would be great, that, if you had meat in the fire for long, without the fire going out, the meat would burn. Eating it could lead to some kind of stomach issues / poisoning.

While I understand many people would like to see this implemented the food and water time for your hunger and thirst would become a serious issue. Do you really want to do a "cook all" with 35+kg of meat? Though it would be ironic to die of starvation while holding 30+kg of cooked meat on you. A much more realistic approach would be to shorten the cooking time. It makes no sense that cooking a single kg of meat takes 20m. I can cook 2-16oz steaks in a single pan in 10-12 minutes depending on how want them. What would make more sense is an graphical view of an actual stove top depending on what you're using(house wood stove or potbelly) and have multiple places you can work. Like have a couple of pieces of meat going while boiling water on another section. In the event of a campfire I can seen having a limited, maybe 1-2 liters per action going while cooking a single piece of meat in a pan. I do agree the single action stuff needs to change though.

Archived