Forging

toddajstewart

I'd probably use it but I'm too scared to leave Mystery Lake! So far I've only found one arrowhead and wouldn't mind forging a few more one of these days.

With the current bug allowing whetstones, lamps, etc. to keep respawning in my cabin I'm not worried about losing my hatchet but eventually I'd want to be able to make new ones too.

I have used it. I like it, I think it's good that we now have at least some motivation to leave your starting map. There's just so much stuff on each map that it's trivial to survive for many months on one map. If anything I think there's not enough motivation to use the forge. There are a plethora of hatchets and knives + whetstones and you can find arrows and the heads are infinitely reusable.

In Pilgrim, a single decent haul of coal and scrap metal to the forge will put you into essentially limitless arrowheads, as they can be recovered by harvesting broken arrows and losing an arrow is actually kind of difficult unless you are totally careless with them. In over 200 game days I've lost about 3 arrows, mainly due to overshooting with a cliff in the way ;). However, It took some time to build up a decent quiver without forging, as I didn't visit the Riken until around day 150 or so.

Not true. I have lost arrows numerous times simply by the wolf dying and burying the arrow underneath itself. If you shoot, say, the left flank of the wolf and he collapses onto his left flank, your arrow is gone and there is no way to get it back.

Archived