Fishing line on "Survival Record" background?

Hyssch

As cool as it would be to find a spool of fishing line. I think fishing is in a good place in game. You can make hundreds of hooks from the reclaimable scrap metal. You have essentially an inexhaustible supply of line from animal carcasses so as far as variety sure, but necessity not really a need or would you disagree?

Would be interesting to be able to pull water out of the fishing holes since clearly it has to be liquid for you to pull up a fish.

I wouldn't mind if get a proper fishing line instead of one made of guts, that wouldn´t brake so easily when used to repaire clothes or used as a fishing line.

But, true, one gets plenty of guts to craft a fishing tackle, but it's quite easy to brake. Just wishing for something that would last a bit longer than that ;)

Since scrap is not a problem, one negative part rules out... the snapping fishing tackles within first 2 hours, that kind of dont matter anymore. But fishing itself is a big lottery, and even if you have a good day, its still not worth it... lets take a look:

For example, i fished for 8 hours, and caught ~3500 calories, i'm not sure if thats good, or bad, but lets call it average. On good day lets say you catch 6000calories in 8 hours. Lets take a deer, that you chased to the wolf, and then made a wolf chase you, and dropped decoy of 10 calories, or a lit torch trick or ran to the hut or shelter. Let say this whole getting rid of the wolf trick took 1 hour of your time, but now you have let say 9 kg of deer which is 7200 calories. No bullets wasted, no arrows fired, no wolf fought (if you know what you doing). So an hour to get rid of wolf, and 1 hour to harvest meat. And if you need 2 guts and skin, thats another hour. So in total 3 hours. And when i said 1 hour to get rid of the wolf, its overkill, usually takes 20-30 minutes.

I look at a fishing as something to get the time passed, or a fun activity... or getting IT WAS A BIG FISH achievement. However, highly inefficient as far as a food source.

Archived