Chain-Lit torches

vancopower

Since crafting torches is a huge mistake in the game in its current state, one would ignite a second torch by using the first torch to start a camp fire, bringing it to 20+min with sticks and then pick up the next torch...

Well off course I know that but it's not realistic that's what I'm saying why just not chain-lit one from another, yes makes sense ?

I think it's possible to drop a burning torch (press H for holster and it will drop if it's burning) and light a new torch if you equip it and click on the dropped torch.

It would be nice if a better mechanism could be implemented though. Like equipping a new torch while holding a burning torch will light the new torch and drop the old one.

?????

You can chain light torches, right now. Drop the lit torch, equip the unlit torch, select the lit torch, light unlit torch. Simple, really. (Holster, lightsource, aim and click)

Agree that brandishing torches is too exhausting. Just use that holster button again instead. Drop your torch and your attacker is guaranteed to stop advancing. Then chain light a second torch and walk away :)

I think it's possible to drop a burning torch (press H for holster and it will drop if it's burning) and light a new torch if you equip it and click on the dropped torch.

I didn't even think to try that since left click is brandish and right extinguish I forgot that option. Dropping it to the ground really stops wolves? well what do you know, so there are more ways to keep the wolves at bay :) Now I love this game even more, can't wait for the next update until then I'm playing board games :)

Dropping a burning torch (or flare for that matter) does stop a wolf, as long as you keep the torch between you and the wolf. If you walk off to the side, the wolf will come after you. If you walk straight back (or nearly so) the wolf will stay behind the torch and you can make you're getaway.

A word of warning though, if for some reason the torch goes out (wind?) the wolf will run towards you like crazy. Happened to me once with a fire. Luckily I was almost at the house I was going to but that wolf still nearly got me even though it was about 10 yards to the door and 100 yards to the wolf... This may have been a bug, but still be careful. Break the wolf's line of sight asap.

Archived