Died, Resume let me load back to save prior to death v.282

Bobfrid

Hi,

First, let me say that this game is really amazing and I'm really enjoying it. You've all done a wonderful job with what I've experienced so far. Second, apologies if this has already been reported, but I was unable to find it.

I was somewhere around day 30 in Voyageur mode as the female character in Pleasant Valley when I froze to death trying to cram a cat-nap in while stranded in the mountains with the last of my wood burning. The game returned to the title screen and I noticed resume was available. I selected it and saw I could pick up from right before I died. I did so and continued on, survived by running into a blizzard for more wood, and continued playing for a while. I slept to save and quit from the in-game menu.

I changed apps in Xbox one, eventually returned to the game, played some more from my last save, slept to save, and quit from in-game again. I then quit the game using the Xbox start button and selecting quit. I then turned off the console (low power mode, technically). The console update happened overnight that loaded the new UI. When I returned, resume was available, but the save I had been playing was gone and replaced with a save on pilgrim mode I'd abandoned several days earlier.

So, I'm not sure the loss of the save game is necessarily a bug or not - it seems like the universe balancing itself since I shouldn't have had that second chance, at least that's how I understand the game is supposed to work. However, getting to resume from the save prior to death seems like unintended behavior. But, it was AWESOME, if short-lived, so don't break a leg trying to fix it :)

Let me know if you require any more details. The game is on Xbox v.282.

Thanks,

Matt

I had a similar experience on the PC. I fell off the bridge in a night blizzard and was reduced to very poor condition. I exited and later restarted the game to see if I could survive and my location was placed back at the top of the bridge although my health was still very bad.

Archived