Question about DP

briespi

So I am on day 49 and I'm doing really well, I found desolation point the other day and I am too scared to try to cross it, I don't want to die and have to start all over from day 1. How hard is it to cross desolation point? Is it actually pretty easy if I'm careful or should I even try on this game lol?

So I am on day 49 and I'm doing really well, I found desolation point the other day and I am too scared to try to cross it, I don't want to die and have to start all over from day 1. How hard is it to cross desolation point? Is it actually pretty easy if I'm careful or should I even try on this game lol?

Go for it. The map has some interesting features and areas to explore, I find it relatively small as compared to other maps and you are going to need to go there anyway to craft arrowheads for use of the bow sometime anyways. Besides, the lighthouse is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

That's the beauty of this game, the longer you survive the more tense the game gets. First, finding food and items becomes harder and second and more to the point, you have more at stake. Dying in the first few days is no big deal, dying on day 99 just before achieving the 100 day survival badge, or any other milestone, sucks big time.

In my opinion Desolation Point and Coastal Highway are equally dangerous and I avoid going there as long as possible, specially if I have no flares. Mystery Lake is a little less dangerous and Pleasant Valley is the least dangerous. Having flares cut the danger a lot.

While I try to avoid them for as long as I can, an alternate strategy would be to start in CH or DP and get them out of the way early in your run and move to the other two when the "stakes" are higher.

Archived