Extra gift keys- alpha access

Stoofus

• 5 weeks later...

Well that's disappointing, I wish they stated that on the site before I went halves on the $25 pre-order. Guess I wont be playing till the full release.

Have the dev's actually confirmed that we wont get the extra key in till the finished release?

Well that's disappointing, I wish they stated that on the site before I went halves on the $25 pre-order. Guess I wont be playing till the full release.

Have the dev's actually confirmed that we wont get the extra key in till the finished release?

The site clearly speak of an "extra key". Not an "extra early access key".

They should been more specific and said "Extra Key on Release". If you buy a product and it says extra key its natural to assume you would get 2 keys upon delivery of the first key unless stated otherwise.

In this case the Survivor edition should have be a dual pack, 2 keys at a discounted price respect to base pack. And Devs would have called "dual pack edition".

Base edition 19$

Survivor edition 2 keys 24$, 12$ each, so more content, less price?

Also a key is usually referred to a complete game. Early access is a special state of developement, so if the second key will grant access to early acces should be specified, otherwise no.

In this case the Survivor edition should have be a dual pack, 2 keys at a discounted price respect to base pack. And Devs would have called "dual pack edition".

Base edition 19$

Survivor edition 2 keys 24$, 12$ each, so more content, less price?

Also a key is usually referred to a complete game. Early access is a special state of developement, so if the second key will grant access to early acces should be specified, otherwise no.

In this case the price tier title has nothing to do with the contents of what you're buying so your point is irrelevant.

When you buy something in multiples its usually cheaper, that's just basic business/marketing.

A key is a code that grants access to something, whether that something is a complete or incomplete game is irrelevant. Just because its in Early Access is no reason not to provide an additional key. You would expect them to say that it's a release key if that was the case.

"THE LONG DARK - SURVIVOR’S EDITION Pre-Order The Long Dark Sandbox Mode (for Windows or Mac) on Steam Early Access (coming, September 22, 2014)."

"The Long Dark - Survivor’s Edition also includes an extra CD key for the game (suitable for gifting)"

Here are 2 quotes off of the website, if you read the first one it says that you gain a copy on steam for yourself and 2nd simply states that you also get a extra key for gifting, it doesn't say the giftable key is any different then the base key so you would assume that it also grants early access. They may even be under legal obligation to supply the keys with wording like that.

Hopefully a dev will pop in soon and give a definitive answer.

Archived