Crafting Arrowheads

wildauk

Thanks for the insight Bill. Seems a little useless to go all the way over to Desolation Point for a few arrows!!!!

Don't forget you can also find some arrows scattered around the various maps [broken ones can still be harvested for arrowheads], so some are still available... but need to look around more for some of them.

As more areas are added, and the supplies/crafting mechanics are adjusted, there's a likely chance there will more more forge locations added [nothing official, just personal thoughts]. For now it's a worthwhile place once you have enough scrap metal to transport over, so you can make larger quantities.

You also never know when an update might make regular knives and hatchets more scarce too, so quite possibly the forge will become more critical. All a work in progress :)

I'm actually most curious to see what the Desolation Point map will be link in story mode with NPC's also trying to get access to the forge area and other loot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually most curious to see what the Desolation Point map will be link in story mode with NPC's also trying to get access to the forge area and other loot.

Is Story mode supposed to have NPCs? I'm not sure since sandbox is empty (at least the maps I've found). I know there's a "story" on story mode, but I was thinking you might learn the story through journals or some other mechanic.

Yeah... arrowheads are a bit stupid presently, though thankfully the latest hotfix did add the rare scattered arrow or broken arrow to find and harvest. My best luck has been hunting stands - I've found three new ones that way (2 broken, 1 intact), one at each of three hunting stands - ML Unnamed Pond, ML near hydro dam, and PV near radio tower.

Yeah... arrowheads are a bit stupid presently, though thankfully the latest hotfix did add the rare scattered arrow or broken arrow to find and harvest. My best luck has been hunting stands - I've found three new ones that way (2 broken, 1 intact), one at each of three hunting stands - ML Unnamed Pond, ML near hydro dam, and PV near radio tower.

In PV I found broken arrows on dead ravaged deer. Just look for the circling birds to find dead animals/people to get the loot.

Archived