Too heavy, black screen

LGM

Good day,

I've ran into a problem after tonight's update.

All was fine, been chilling in the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse for the last 29 days or so.

Out collecting some firewood, branches etc when it started to get dark.

Sooooo, I head back, got the weight icon on the screen, I head into the farmhouse and.....

black screen.

I can hear the game carrying on. My character says he can't move, too heavy.

I get no menu's by hitting tab or esc. The only way to exit the game is to tab out and close it.

Re-enter, load save game, same result. Time after time.

Any idea's?

Thanks,

LGM

(PS, I love this game. Just sayin)

My character didn't say anything and I didn't notice the encumbered icon but my 100+ day run just ended in a black screen with ambient sound effects still working but no keyboard response. I had updated my pc version, went outside the Pleasant Valley farmhouse to check out the new sky effects, it was foggy so I went back in and Blair Witch Project/ Sopranos ending - nothing! To quote Bart Simpson - "You know what's better than nothing? ANYTHING!" Tried ending game with task manager and reloading twice but it saved the blackness. Never mind, was thinking of starting afresh in CH anyway can't wait to see the new stuff but paused to write this before restart because let's face it, you guys rock and I still feel guilty I bought the game on sale.

Oh, Windows 7 64 bit, 8 G RAM, GeForce GTX 680, i7-3770 3.40 GHz running game at 2560 x 1440. Hope this helps!

I just got about 6 hours into a new run (after the save killing crash), got my gear in CH went to new area and explored a good bit then "Urgh I can't carry anymore/black screen" entering a building. And it saves the crash, of course. Please sort this out Hinterland - you've addicted me to this game and got me slavering for this update, now I can't play it!

Guest mcopeman

Could you please send your save001 folder to Alan@hinterlandgames.com? For PC it can be found at C:\Users\(Computer Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Hinterland\The Long Dark. The app data folder is hidden by default, so you will either have to unhide it or search in the locallow in the windows app bar.

For MAC its Users/(Computer Name)/Library/Caches/Hinterland/The Long Dark. In this case Library is hidden.

Melody~

Sent save 001 and 002 as requested. I don't really care about those saves but I'd obviously rather it didn't keep happening. However, I must demand that you guys get out (or stay in and chill out) this weekend, your amazing game just got more so as a result of copious hard work and I don't mind restarting repeatedly until next week so you can have a break!

Wow, you guys are fast. Your .265 patch brought back my old save with all the gear I had on me, everything else (traps outside and lots of gear stashed in the kitchen) in the farmhouse is gone and the containers reset, as is the car outside. I couldn't care less, I just thought I'd give you the info in case it helps. My new save loaded up with everything as it should be inside my current base in CH, now I can proceed knowing it's safe and I thank you very much. Now, either go home and hug your spouse and kids or get out and find someone to hug, it's Friday people! Don't make me come over there! -- sincerely thanks, JL

:D:D:D

You guys rock. I'm not sure what you did but many thanks, can play now.

Strangely, I had a fridge stock full of food and loads of wood/gear/pelts around the homestead, they were there when i was able to load back in, but when I slept, and woke up, everything disappeared, except as the above poster stated, the gear i had on me.

Archived