Thank You!

Flik_Tripz

As we close in on two months since The Long Dark was released on Xbox One, I feel like I need to share some things. First off, I love everything about the game. The world is very beautiful, as are the graphics. The gameplay is very tough, but fun. The exploration is incredible. This game is one of the best survival games I have seen (and played!) and I've seen plenty of other games in YouTube videos. But this one is special. It is not some crazy multiplayer survival game where you defend yourself from other players, etc. It's not about crafting some house or sculpting the world to your liking. There are no easy to understand tutorials when you start playing. No, this game is a challenging, thoughtful experience that puts you up against the elements, and leaves you on your own. It is a game where you make your own choices, there are no menus are pop-ups telling you what to do. It is brutal sometimes, yet it is also rewarding as well. This game truly makes you earn your right to live. And for that, I must say, good job Hinterland, and thank you. The second thing I'd like to address is the community. I've never been part of a game community before, especially not one for an early-access game. I didn't know what to expect at first. I didn't know how active the devs or other players on here would be. Now though, after about a month or so of being a member, I am very happy with what I have experienced. Not only do other members and devs respond, they also add on to your ideas and even give you suggestions. It feels very nice to know that others care about what you post and want to give you their opinions on things. And I was happily surprised at how often the devs respond as well. They seem to explain and note every bug you tell them, and they even like to have small chats with people, it seems. And for that, I'm giving a special thank you to all those in the forums, devs and players alike. Thank you as well for reading this, I appreciate it. I just wanted to share how happy I am to be a part of something this amazing.

I'm glad console players have been able to enjoy the game as we have on the PC versions, and even happier to see more and more joining the community.

You'll be glad to know the devs have a lot more special stuff ahead for all of us, and they definitely do a great job keeping in touch and responding whenever time allows. :)

Archived