v.256 food poisoning too predictable

Kaisentlaia

Ok guys, I'm not quite sure if this is a bug but it has been going on since the previous version and makes the game a bit too easy when you notice it.

Description: you never get food poisoning if you don't fill completely your 2500 calories (and almost always if you eat until you're full), even if you eat meat in the yellow condition range.

Reproduction: wait until you are at ~1000 calories, eat a piece of meat around 40% condition. No food poisoning at all. You can do it many times in a row (while staying below 2500 calories) without consequences. Then try to eat a piece of spoiled meat when you are at ~2400 calories and bam! Food poisoning.

I think both of you have a point.

Elloco is right in general, food poisonings may occasionally happen below 2500kcal as well. I've already sustained some myself under said circumstances. But I also agree with Kaisentlaia that the chance to get a food poisoning seems to be higher if you reach the 2500kcal limit while eating. Which is a bit odd indeed.

Hmmm, interesting. This will require more testing I guess. In my current run (5 days, I love how much I'm dying on 256 :D) I have tons of meat (3 deers+2 wolves) that's slowly losing condition. I'm eating it raw, being really careful as to never reach the 2500 calories limit, and not once I got food poisoning from it, even now that it's down at ~40% condition. The same happened in all my previous v.256 runs, never got a food poisoning.

The only time I ended up poisoning myself was when I miscalculated an ate a piece of raw venison while I was almost full. In previous versions it happened when you were canceling the action as well, but I didn't try it after the update.

I'll take notes to see if poisoning ever happens to me in other conditions than eating to fullness.

Guest mcopeman

Your chance to get food poisoning shouldn't be affected by how many calories you have eaten. I'll check it out but it should be pretty random.

Melody~

Ok I did some quick testing. I was able to eat the following meat without getting food poisoning (being careful to keep at less than 2500 calories):

• 68% cooked venison
  • 68% cooked venison
  • 60% raw bear
  • 31% raw venison
  • 25% raw venison
  • 23% raw venison
  • 20% raw venison
  • 14% raw venison
  • 16% raw venison
  • 16% raw venison
  • 13% raw venison

The last one is the best. I had this piece of venison, he was my friend. I took him to sleep with me and the next morning he was at 1% condition, so I ate him (for science). I miscalculated so it brought me exactly to 2500 calories with no leftovers. And guess what? No food poisoning from him either.

I tried eating until full for some in game days, and the outcome was that food poisoning was quite rare even then. I ate in total 17 pieces of meat (cooked and raw, bear, wolf and venison) that brought me to 2500 calories with leftovers, and I ended up poisoned only 4 times. I was able to eat with no consequences meat ranging from 96% to 26% condition, and the 4 poisonings were from meat at 76% raw, 63% raw, 66% cooked and 23% raw.

Looks like FP is random enough in this case, but in the meantime I was still eating meat of various conditions without getting full and I didn't get poisoned once. I have no idea if it's only the RNG playing games with me or what.

Guest mcopeman
Ok I did some quick testing. I was able to eat the following meat without getting food poisoning (being careful to keep at less than 2500 calories):

• 68% cooked venison
  • 68% cooked venison
  • 60% raw bear
  • 31% raw venison
  • 25% raw venison
  • 23% raw venison
  • 20% raw venison
  • 14% raw venison
  • 16% raw venison
  • 16% raw venison
  • 13% raw venison

The last one is the best. I had this piece of venison, he was my friend. I took him to sleep with me and the next morning he was at 1% condition, so I ate him (for science). I miscalculated so it brought me exactly to 2500 calories with no leftovers. And guess what? No food poisoning from him either.

This is very thorough! Thanks for your help!

Melody~

Archived