Evil wishes for the mine

Hotzn

I wish the mine was more dangerous. The kind of danger that can be avoided by being careful. Like:

1. There should be some vertical shafts going down to oblivion. Players who run around without looking or who move around backwards should have the chance to fall to their dark death.

2. In some places, the floor could be rocky or wet and slippery. The avatar's voice could give a warning, something like "I need to be careful here". Running would almost certainly lead to slipping and falling over, and even walking should have a chance to lead to such a result. Only crouching along would be safe. Falling over would have a chance of injury. And the player's light source would fall out of his/her hands. If it is a storm lantern, it would take 50% condition damage. Wouldn't that be a fantastic thing - falling, hearing the lantern breaking, its parts rolling over the floor in pitch darkness, making clunky noises?

3. Somewhere in the mine, there should be a big beam supporting the ceiling. It should have a warning sign attached to it. But... it can be harvested for a lot of fir wood! But if you harvest it, the ceiling collapses. The end.

4. The mine should be more complex, with ladders and several levels. You should really be able to get lost... :twisted:

maybe drafts in some areas that could put out torches?

with regards to the shafts going to oblivion-- maybe some of them could result only in a fall to a lower level along with an injury?

It wouldn't be unrealistic for the lower level to be flooded (fully or partially), so the player could also get wet if they took a fall.

Archived