craft able Quiver and associating "tab"

Rooks_Nemesis

So I finally gathered the birch saplings from mystery lake and ravine and gleefully went on to start crafting up my arrows. With my 30 stacked I ventured out, now a couple hours and kills later I now have 9 stacked arrows and 21 arrows in various states of dis repair all over my inventory. So may I suggest possibly a craft able Quiver or at least after building a arrow, a "quiver tab" that way your tool tab stays clutter free and you don't need to search around trying to figure out what's what the whole time freezing your parts off..

I'm truly sorry if this has been suggested already but after looking around I had not noticed this idea yet un like the others I had ( and so did many of you ) like snow shoes, item sled, binoculars, goggles and a scope to find and add to your rifle lol

Just as a FYI, I only ever carry 6 arrows on me at a time. I would be interested in hearing from others how many they carry, and why, since 6 was kind of an arbitrary number. Out of those 6, I have only ever shot 3, and the other 3 remain at 100%, stacked. In this way, my inventory doesn't get overrun, and I haven't found a situation where I ever fire more than 3 shots before recovering my arrows (hence 3 degraded). I carry 2x as many as I have ever needed previously, as a precaution.

So my first question is: why are you carrying so many arrows? 21 seems like way too many.

After all that, I would agree that a quiver would be a nice addition, or at least filtering arrows (and maybe bullets, or even all dedicated weapons) under a separate tab than the rest of the tools for clarity.

To answer your question, I was actually carrying 30 arrows lol not knowing that it stacks them differently depending on conditions. And was heading out from ML to CH and was not planning on returning until I had exhausted every corner.. I now only carry 6 aswell lol.

On a side note.. I did find a very BIG issue while crafting the arrows.. I was making another bunch of them and I had 9 at 100%, 3 at 47%. And I made another 6.. When I looked at my inventory I now had 9 at 100% and 9 at 47% ?!?!?!

Now I reloaded ( which I wouldn't do normally ) and tried it again with the same results..

And again this time without the degraded ones and I had 9 at 47%

And once more with 9 at 100% and I had 15 at 100%

IDK if this is a Xone only glitch/bug but I have now tried it over a period of 10 life spans and was able to recreate this everytime.. I hope that this get brought to the devs attention! And also on the xone bows don't degrade after use.. After 100 shots its still at 100% which I know has been patched on pc

I crafted my first bow this weekend and six arrows. I did not know how the item decay was going to work or how easy it would be find missed shots. If I had it to do over again, I think three would be sufficient. I just started carry three with me, leaving the other ones at home. This kinda mirrors what I do with the rifle, only taking three bullets out into the woodline. If I know I have more ammo, I might be tempted to hip fire at a target instead of treating them like the finite resource they are.

One thing to remember is that even if a quiver was added, it really wouldn't serve any value for the programming time and cost.

It would add weight to the carrying load, and since there's no room/space/storage limitation in the backpack and clip on accessories now (such as the lantern, rifle, etc.) so basically you would be burning up crafting calories and supplies simply to have a placeholder image and to use up part of your carrying weight capacities. The only real benefit would be a quick pick up all since arrows would be in the quiver - (there's already a fast drop all).

It may be an idea to find some quiver uses and bonus factors, but for this first winter edition it doesn't really seem like it would give much ROI for the programming budget [time/cost] when that time can be used for other enhancements and to use towards the final story mode.

I do think it would be a good idea for The Long Dark 2 [which will be taking place in a spring setting if all goes well with this first game]. I would expect bows and arrows would be faster to make (and more plentiful) by that seasonal time, so then various quiver types might be useful as carrying limiters (some only hold a few arrows, bigger quivers hold more arrows)...

Archived