Make loot more difficult to find

Hotzn

Personally, I really enjoy finding stuff in the game. I guess many players share that feeling. Now I find it more rewarding if I find something that's actually challenging to find. The magnifying glass for example if often half-hidden under beds or behind crates. Rifle rounds are another example of items that sometimes are more or less hidden. And - I have seen a screenshot of a rifle under a bed.

I would like to have more of this - items that you have to look for just a little bit harder to find them.

There are tons of well hidden items in game. How many you find it's also tied to RNG of spawns. Just because you spend an hour crouched looking under a bed from every angle doesn't mean something will always be there for you to find.

Personally I had no idea that you can check the mirror / sun slides in a car until recently - so yeah there's loads of spaces to look for hehe!

There are tons of well hidden items in game. How many you find it's also tied to RNG of spawns. Just because you spend an hour crouched looking under a bed from every angle doesn't mean something will always be there for you to find.

Personally I had no idea that you can check the mirror / sun slides in a car until recently - so yeah there's loads of spaces to look for hehe!

I agree. I remember playing one game into the 150+ days range, and I'd been using one place as a base for while. One day after coming back from a long trek out exploring, found a quality toolbox I'd missed the 50+ days I'd been staying there previously. Must have walked by it 100 different times and just never realized it.

There's lot of hidden surprises all over the place.

The only problem here is for new players, it is always a surprise to find a building or loot.

After a dozen runs, you loot all the same places over and over. The rifle is in one of six places, bullets are only found in these places, and so forth..

Archived