Lag and audio break

Denyo

[bBvideo 560,340:3teww9mv]

[/bBvideo]

Please,check this video.

It is known,that I play TLD on weak laptop,but after last few updates since upgrading Unity to U5,I had quite clear and smooth playing,with not much lag and clear picture and sound.

Since last update(v244),I started having this lag and breaking audio issues.It seems like game wants to crash,but it never actually does.If I clear caches,run CC and restart lapy,as well delete appcaches,verify integrity of game cache on Steam, game is smooth for about three hours of gaming,then issues appears back.

Is there anything,I can do? Do I need to provide you output log,so you could better recognize my issues?

I know best solution is to get better version of processor and graphic card,but for now I cannot afford new pc.

My OS :

Machine name: ACER-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)

Language: Slovenian (Regional Setting: Slovenian)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire E1-531

BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.71.48V1.07

Processor: Intel® Celeron® CPU B820 @ 1.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 5980MB RAM

Page File: 3513MB used, 8445MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: Intel® HD Graphics

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel® HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0106&SUBSYS_06491025&REV_09

Display Memory: 1760 MB

Dedicated Memory: 128 MB

Shared Memory: 1632 MB

Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: unknown

Monitor Id: AUO26EC

Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (60.014Hz)

Output Type: Internal

Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32

Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2653 (English)

Driver Version: 8.15.10.2653

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 2/15/2012 02:47:38, 8086528 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4246-11CF-C879-4326A9C2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x8086

Device ID: 0x0106

SubSys ID: 0x06491025

Revision ID: 0x0009

Driver Strong Name: oem14.inf:IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.0:iSNBM0:8.15.10.2653:pci\ven_8086&dev_0106&subsys_06491025

Rank Of Driver: 00E60001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeWMV9_C ModeVC1_C

Guest mcopeman

Thanks for being so thorough with your info :) What display settings are you running the game on? The output log would definitely help!

Melody~

Guest mcopeman

Hmmm lets try booting the game in DirectX 9. 

In Steam interface, click on "LIBRARY".

In games list, right click on "The Long Dark".

Choose "Properties"
Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."

Paste into text box "-force-d3d9" without the quotes

Click "OK".

Click "CLOSE".

Melody~

Guest mcopeman

You said "For now play is without problems" is this fixed for you? What are you seeing/hearing in the game now?

Melody~

You said "For now play is without problems" is this fixed for you? What are you seeing/hearing in the game now?

Melody~

Hey,Melody. :) Sorry,I was occupied with other in game stuff and completely forgot on this topic. :lol:

No,it is not fixed. :( It was ok for three days,then I played one day for longer period( 3 hours) and those breaking sounds and lag appeared back.Then I exit game and cleared caches,cleaned laptop with CC,verified game caches on Steam,deleted appcaches and restart lapy.I can play few hours in a row,but after I end playing,I must do this procedure every time.

Don't know if this might be part of the issue, but running a Celeron 1.70 GHz, with minimal RAM and a built-in Graphic chip, and small page flipping available might be straining it. Not sure what to suggest except perhaps seeing if there's enough left to try increasing the virtual memory allocations.

Maybe some info from here can give you a bit of a boost:

http://www.howtogeek.com/196238/how-big ... tition-be/

Again, don't know if that will help, but hopefully it can just in case other issues can't be spotted. v :(

Don't know if this might be part of the issue, but running a Celeron 1.70 GHz, with minimal RAM and a built-in Graphic chip, and small page flipping available might be straining it. Not sure what to suggest except perhaps seeing if there's enough left to try increasing the virtual memory allocations.

Maybe some info from here can give you a bit of a boost:

http://www.howtogeek.com/196238/how-big ... tition-be/

Again, don't know if that will help, but hopefully it can just in case other issues can't be spotted. v :(

Thanx,Bill.I checked that page and then went to check my advanced system settings.I have 5980MB of page file,whille RAM is 6GB.

So,what should I do? Change page file size to 12GB?

Not really sure what the best virtual memory and page flipping settings would be for you... hopefully one of the tech can offer some advice [its been years since I've had to adjust the default settings - I usually just automatically doubled all the defaults whenever I bought a new computer]... I know I really had to turn things up for my wife's Netbook which is what made me think of the virtual memory when I saw you were using a Celeron 1.7 GHz system (and trimmed down all unnecessary running applications to cut down overhead processing as much as possible.)

Not really sure what the best virtual memory and page flipping settings would be for you... hopefully one of the tech can offer some advice [its been years since I've had to adjust the default settings - I usually just automatically doubled all the defaults whenever I bought a new computer]... I know I really had to turn things up for my wife's Netbook which is what made me think of the virtual memory when I saw you were using a Celeron 1.7 GHz system (and trimmed down all unnecessary running applications to cut down overhead processing as much as possible.)

Ok,thanx alot anyway,Bill.Your tips have been really very usefull for me.If not now,then I will know for my future,better c, I will buy.

Though,I am not much experienced with managing computers and am really very noobish at that,so everything,I don`t understand quite well,I am kind of affraid to do,just to not make something wrong and break my poor lapy. :)

Big problem here is also difference in language.I have almost all settings in my laptop in my native language,for better understanding of operations and items,tools.And my aknowledge of english language is just a bit better than basic one,so many computing words are not perfect understandable for me.And you know,that Google translator sometimes really sucks. :)

Archived