Less Stuff

First off I love this game. I mean LOVE it. You guys have hit this one to the parking lot. I would love to see bigger maps, with less signs of civilization. I remember the first time I played how excited I was to find a broken down wooden shell only to turn and see a fully stocked trappers lodge. A few days in the woods might be good for us. Also, if the game had gender specific clothing, eg. Women's jacket, men's long underware, that couldn't be worn by the other gender it would add that level of heartbreaking frustration one only finds in the wilderness. Finally, if the demands and availability on food was reduced and the need for water and lack of carrying vessels was increased it might help with the realism.

Other than that it is epic. I will always remember begin chased by a wolf with only a flare to keep it at bay until I found a car to hide in and wait for what seemed like forever to leave. FYI don't try to out run a wolf at night. Doesn't end well.

Keep up the good work guys. Great game, and I'm sure I'll enjoy any upgrades. Oh! And hats off to the artists, live the look.

Suggestion: play the game in Stalker mode. Food is more scarce, more wolves and bears are present, less bullets, basically everything is trying to kill you and you have barely any food or resources.

That being said, I have wanted a larger map for some time, with less human structures and more natural shelters (caves and more hollow trees)

Also, if the game had gender specific clothing, eg. Women's jacket, men's long underware, that couldn't be worn by the other gender it would add that level of heartbreaking frustration one only finds in the wilderness.

Clothes are actually bisexual and as such don't care about your gender, they're just happy you are wearing them, regardless of your body geometry, and that you chose them in particular to be your second skin.

From my experience, the reason clothes get all excited when around humans, regardless of gender, is because without us they couldn't move and, just as important, couldn’t meet other clothes.

Octavian,

Though I did enjoy the sarcastic comments about clothing, my point was more directed at adding a level of realism in a simple way. I know that an XL man would have a hard time fitting into a small ski jacket. That was my pont.

I'll try stalker mode EternityTide, thanks.

Yeah I think there is a lot of loot in CH especially as I now have all the lockers in the garage full of loot etc. but it is an area with a lot of cabins and I would expect to find 70% of what I have found there anyway.

I don't agree with gender specific clothes. Thinking about the clothes items available in game, most if not all would already be non-gender specific. The only one I could see being an issue would be shoes but usually you can craft deer skin boots before your starting boots break so no worries there really.

I've not tried running away from a wolf in the dark. Easiest way to escape/kill (I always kill) is drop a decoy and shoot an arrow at it. hasn't ever failed for me

Archived