Why so blue?

octavian

I have never seen fog that has this color, I don't know if it's indigenous to Canada or what but where I come from it's off-white or orange from the sodium-vapor street lights. And before somebody says blue is cold, that orange doesn't make you feel warmer, at all.

_average_mpv-shot0002.jpg[/attachment]

If you had to pick one color your experience in the fog would average to, which one would you pick? I would something close to this.

_fogaverage.thumb.jpg.14c7795af6f1ad117b

_fogaveragewish.thumb.jpg.1c1939dd2c4313

Just a theory of mine, but maybe Northern lights could explain the strange color of the fog. (I've seen "blueish" fog at night myself a few times, but never turquoise one.)

If you took the screenshot in the late evening/early morning, that is ofc. During daytime white or grey fog would probably be more appropriate. ^^

All the listed colours are plausible, I've even seen brighter whites and darker blues, it all comes down to a combination of factors such as the current state of weather combined with fog, the time of day, the region, the lighting and reflection of lighting and so on. The colour selected for this game is one that I find is a lot less common to really see, but it still happens. That being said, I think it would be interesting if they could provide variety in it, where we'd see a bit of each, but I can understand it's more work, and they've likely selected the style they did to create a more unique atmosphere then that which people see more commonly.

Archived