Birds flight direction

Snoman

Not sure if I'm just seeing things that are not there but I have stared to notice that when the birds fly over head certain weather apers soon thereafter. So is it all in my head?

flying east by Ne- 1hr then fog, 1hr then fog with snow, 1hr then blizzard.

E by SE - 1hr then snow.

I did notice a consistent link between crows behaviour and weather. From what I saw I would say that:

a) crows don't fly over carcasses if the weather is bad (storm, cloudy, dark, not sure about windy), they do only if the weather is sunny or foggy

b) when weather changes from bad to good, the crows will fly to a carcass and start circling it

c) when weather changes from good to bad, the crows will fly away from the carcass they were circling

therefore it's possible to know about weather changes with a bit of advance observing crow behaviour. If the weather is good and you see them flying, seek shelter.

You all three have right,in some conclusions. :) I was observing crows and animal behavior,as well I still do,especially after every update,as wildlife AI is changing and completing constantly. :) These are things,I can confirm:

If you see crows circling,that means there is dead body or deer corpse in that spot,abowe which crows are circling.It is true,that they are circling abowe body/corpse only at sunny and foggy weather.But,after bad weather,they do not fly towards body/corpse,they just appear abowe it,same they do not fly away from it,when there is bad weather comming,they just stop appearing.

If you see crows flying in straight line,that really means weather will change,either from nice to bad,or from foggy and cloudy to sunny weather.But,direction,where they fly from,does not determine sort of weather(snowing,storm,blizzard),just that clouds are comming from that dirrection.I still cannot determine from shape of clouds,what kind of bad weather they bring.As matter a fact,I don`t know if that is even possible.I assume sort of bad weather is just randomly put in.

Also,other sign,which brings crows,flying in line,is presence of wildlife.So,if you see crows flying in straight line,you can either expect bad weather from that direction or a wolf,sometimes deer,or even a bear.

What concerns other wildlife(wolves,deers,rabbits),I got no evidence till now,that their behavior could predict change of weather in any way.

P.S.: Just mind,that every time,when you exit any building,you will hear and see crows flying in straight line.In those occasions that does not mean,the weather will change.It is just an add,when exiting buildings. :)

I have noticed that if the crows come out of the north, there is a blizzard right behind them. If the crows come out of the west, there is a blizzard right behind them. If the crows come out of the south, there is a blizzard right behind them. If the crows come out of the east, there is a blizzard right behind them.

Seems pretty reliable.

There's a blizzard right behind the crows, gotcha. :P

@Denyo: I haven't paid attention to the crows (other than using them to find corpses) for a long time, but I seem to remember having seen them come flying along and starting to circle over a corpse. This was many versions ago, so maybe they don't do that anymore (maybe that behavior was bugged somehow?).

Archived