what do you do in your downtime in game?

I've reached a point where i have to wait for all my tons of stuff to cure... I can't roam outside because on stalker, wind rips your durability to shreds, so I am stuck, in the house, with 40kg of wood, 50kg of food, and 15 kg of water... I have a ton of time to kill until I can start crafting and be productive again...I just wish I didn't have to sleep through it all just to get to the point I can be productive...

Has anyone else run into this issue in a long run?

Has anyone else run into this issue in a long run?

Yes, it's a common issue, what would you like to do to pass the time?

I actually posted what I would like to do during downtime in the alpha wish list section.

Essentially I think that people being house bound, should be able to turn their attention to the house itself. whether it is making furniture usable again, or simply "cleaning" the house. if there was a way to just sink "x" hours into restoring the house you're in, i feel like it would benefit the player. obviously you won't have a fully functioning house, but just being about taking what you've gathered and use it to help turn your frequented buildings into a more usable or less cluttered environment seems to be productive enough for me.

if there was a way to just sink "x" hours into restoring the house you're in, i feel like it would benefit the player.

Wouldn't it be a shame losing that free time by sinking x hours in a HUD, passing hours in mere seconds?

which is why i also suggested having a deck of cards in my other post. I don't necessarily care if i blow throw time, it is a resource just like everything else in the game, though I do wish there was something to make "living" worth while other than surviving. after you satiate your needs for living, i feel like there should be something you can never really finish, but you don't mind putting time into. obviously at some point you need to focus back on survival, but hey, this game has a way of rewarding those who are efficient at stockpiling and preparing for the long haul.

No. I'm immersed, when I must pass pack of a wolves during hunt or when I'm fighting to get to safety in a blizzard after a bear attack, but not when I'm cooking or boiling watter or crafting. I don't need some other mechanic to pass in-game time, if there is sleep option. I'm not hibernating, I'm just sleeping/resting and eating through that heap of bear meat, if I don't need to go outside to fight to survive or to explore every corner of a zone.

I'm immersed, when I must pass pack of a wolves during hunt or when I'm fighting to get to safety in a blizzard after a bear attack, but not when I'm cooking or boiling watter or crafting.

That literally means immersion breaks. For some that's bad, don't feel like playing the game anymore when it happens, they just go do something else, see a movie or read a book, the book won't break immersion anytime soon. Nothing wrong with it, just different people playing the game differently and enjoying different facets of the game, but if you're a game you want to keep the player immersed all the time.

I'm immersed, when I must pass pack of a wolves during hunt or when I'm fighting to get to safety in a blizzard after a bear attack, but not when I'm cooking or boiling watter or crafting.

That literally means immersion breaks.

Maybe I must to clarify this a little bit. I'm not full immersed, but I still need to pay attention. Checking the qualilty of food, amount of water, state of curing items etc., so I'm not losing contact with the game. I just have time to do something else also. Time management :)

Maybe I must to clarify this a little bit. I'm not full immersed, but I still need to pay attention. Checking the qualilty of food, amount of water, state of curing items etc., so I'm not losing contact with the game. I just have time to do something else also. Time management :)

I don't like being this efficient :roll:

Heey,guys! :D:D:D It was a long time since I joined any disscussion and I saw this one now. :) So I decided to give my words here,as I have just free time atm. :lol:

To give an answer to author of this topic...I,for myself,in first place don`t even give myself a chance to come into downtime in game.I set my strategy in game that way,so I always have something to do in game,even when I am at day 300+ (I still didn`t pass mark 400 or 500 days,unfortunately,but my strategy is anyway planned for 1000+ days of survival).

When I start my game,I explore just that much places,that gives me basic and neccessary stuff to survive.I sleep till "9 days of daylight left" and do outside activities till "2 hours of daylight left".Rest of time I use for sleep and doing indoor activities.Already at near day 15-20,I mostly hunt wolves,deers and bears,for food and material,in meanwhille I go explore till I get at least one knife,one hatchet,toolbox,two sewing kits,2 sets of basic clothing,and some plants...of course,also a rifle to get,if it spawns at places i visit.

After I have crafted my set of animal skin clothing,then i start doing short dayly trips to get some stuff stocked.After that I try to stay in one map untill I use almost everything,I looted.When I explore places,I pick up just things I need,so I can visit one place several times.As well I visit spots with dead bodies more times,as they hold respawned crows feathers.

Atm I am at day 56 of my current run and I moved from PV to CH yet.I left two places for explore at PV,for later,when I will come back to settle there.In CH I intend to spend at least 200 days,then I will move to ML.Btw,I left in PV only stuff,which does not decay,everything else is used or left untouched.

So,my strategy is to do small dayly trips with collecting stuff I need,not looting everything I meet.Bad weather I use to craft,to cook,boil water,forage for stock of wood,repair things,etc.

Heey,guys! :D:D:D It was a long time since I joined any disscussion and I saw this one now. :) So I decided to give my words here,as I have just free time atm. :lol:

To give an answer to author of this topic...I,for myself,in first place don`t even give myself a chance to come into downtime in game.I set my strategy in game that way,so I always have something to do in game,even when I am at day 300+ (I still didn`t pass mark 400 or 500 days,unfortunately,but my strategy is anyway planned for 1000+ days of survival).

When I start my game,I explore just that much places,that gives me basic and neccessary stuff to survive.I sleep till "9 days of daylight left" and do outside activities till "2 hours of daylight left".Rest of time I use for sleep and doing indoor activities.Already at near day 15-20,I mostly hunt wolves,deers and bears,for food and material,in meanwhille I go explore till I get at least one knife,one hatchet,toolbox,two sewing kits,2 sets of basic clothing,and some plants...of course,also a rifle to get,if it spawns at places i visit.

After I have crafted my set of animal skin clothing,then i start doing short dayly trips to get some stuff stocked.After that I try to stay in one map untill I use almost everything,I looted.When I explore places,I pick up just things I need,so I can visit one place several times.As well I visit spots with dead bodies more times,as they hold respawned crows feathers.

Atm I am at day 56 of my current run and I moved from PV to CH yet.I left two places for explore at PV,for later,when I will come back to settle there.In CH I intend to spend at least 200 days,then I will move to ML.Btw,I left in PV only stuff,which does not decay,everything else is used or left untouched.

So,my strategy is to do small dayly trips with collecting stuff I need,not looting everything I meet.Bad weather I use to craft,to cook,boil water,forage for stock of wood,repair things,etc.

I can see how having a long term plan may benefit you, but right now im sititng on the motherload of stock, 50kg or so of meat and my gear is at 40%, and i need to wait for my hides to cure before i risk getting caught in any more storms... it was 80% and 1 really bad storm i got caught out in took it down to 40%... now i am playing it safe until i can fully recover my lost condition. anyway that means i'm stuck in the house for a few days.... oh well

Hey guys, the scariest part of this game is the loneliness. When you good enough to survive in the wild, this is the time you notice that you are all alone in this world. Have heard of Robinson, he had to name his ball Wilson and talk to it so he wont be lonely. As i said, loneliness is scariest part, and also a part of this game, ever if you playing card or anything else, you ll get bored eventually. It is something you have to take when you are the last survivor. Well, for now the best thing you could do is sleep.

Archived