Faithful cartographer achievement unlockable after cheating death?

Hello, i have a simple question.

Seeing as my in game progress for the Faithful cartographer (named locations list) has not been reset after cheating death, i would assume this achievement is not affected.

However, it would really suck to get to the end only for it to not be unlockable, does anyone have a clear answer to this?

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

It is all in one run- go ahead and test for yourself and start a new save, and check your Journal to see if any of the locations you mapped in the other save are checked off (they won't be- they do not carry over from one save to the next). It has to be done all in one save.

But I can't say if Cheat Death resets the mapped locations to zero but the Journal is not clearing the lists (a bug), or if Cheat Death does not affect the achievement, and still considers it to be one save even though you technically died. 

Maybe @Player_Support or @Raphael van Lierop can advise? I seem to recall this question being asked before, but I can't remember if it was on these forums, the Steam forums, on Reddit, or somewhere else.

• Upvote 2

Yes the journal is subjective and only lists what you've mapped for that game.  What I'm saying is the achievement doesn't specify and therefore may be drawing from multiple game files.

Edited by rush247

3 hours ago, rush247 said:

Yes the journal is subjective and only lists what you've mapped for that game.  What I'm saying is the achievement doesn't specify and therefore may be drawing from multiple game files.

It is one save. Which is why the % of players who have unlocked it is so low- if it was cumulative over multiple saves, way more players would have unlocked it. I have unlocked it on Steam and on XBox- both after years of playing on each platform, and both only after mapping all locations in a single save.

Screenshot_8.png.8812273ead80d447d07092c465fbc879.png

And this is really getting a bit off topic- it does not answer the OP's question about whether Cheat Death resets progress in the achievement or prevents it from being unlocked. 

• Upvote 3

On 8/26/2024 at 7:34 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

It is all in one run- go ahead and test for yourself and start a new save, and check your Journal to see if any of the locations you mapped in the other save are checked off (they won't be- they do not carry over from one save to the next). It has to be done all in one save.

But I can't say if Cheat Death resets the mapped locations to zero but the Journal is not clearing the lists (a bug), or if Cheat Death does not affect the achievement, and still considers it to be one save even though you technically died. 

Maybe @Player_Support or @Raphael van Lierop can advise? I seem to recall this question being asked before, but I can't remember if it was on these forums, the Steam forums, on Reddit, or somewhere else.

I have asked this question in the community discord earlier, but never got a conclusive answer. I did make this thread in the hopes of perhaps a developer seeing it, or someone who has done cheated death and gotten the achievement.