Anyone fallen through the crack in the road in Sundered Pass?

Hello all. Just curious if anyone else has fallen through the crack in the road in Sundered Pass? I have gone back and forth several times with no issues then fell through last night. Survived but had to billy goat down the cliff and got beat up bad.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I always run across but last night I dropped to the first ledge below. Sat there for a minute in disbelief- then had to decide whether to cheese it (Exit and back to last save since I was not injured) or shimmy down. I chose shimmy down but holy cow did I ever get beat up.

4 minutes ago, As350driver said:

Yeah, I always run across but last night I dropped to the first ledge below. Sat there for a minute in disbelief- then had to decide whether to cheese it (Exit and back to last save since I was not injured) or shimmy down. I chose shimmy down but holy cow did I ever get beat up.

It is a bit of a dodgy place... Since I fell the first time I try and get up on the rock face if I can .it gives a bit more height and a better distance I think..not much but just enough.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, As350driver said:

Ah good point- I will try that this time. Thanks Leeanda!

I hope it works for you...  It's not a nice goat down even though it is possible.. 

1 minute ago, As350driver said:

It is a terrible goat and one wrong move and you are stuck (or dead).

I stuck to the right side going down,and crawled at about an inch a minute.. I think I got lucky though as I didn't take any damage luckily..

I wonder if the old skillet trick would work over the gap..  if we can place it there .. I'll test it when I'm back in there..

I took a run at it with my heart pounding and my finger on the ESC key. Made it across to my disbelief. That would be one candidate for the Cheat Death in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sito said:

I took a run at it with my heart pounding and my finger on the ESC key. Made it across to my disbelief. That would be one candidate for the Cheat Death in my opinion.

The initial drop is ok .. it's not far but if you try to goat in the wrong direction I think that's the issue..

@sito.  Lol, you had the same feeling I had, but mine got worse when the floor beneath me disappeared. I honestly thought I was dead. I survived with no injuries there so I was tempted to cheese it and quit to go back to last save. When I ended up on the sheer part of the cliff I was sure I was dead but by then I had sprains and bruising and lost my safety save. Lucky to not die for sure.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, As350driver said:

curious if anyone else has fallen through the crack in the road in Sundered Pass?

To be completely honest, I got brutally trolled by Hinterlands at this location in my first playthrough of SP; although no, I've not (yet) fallen from it (except in testing).

• Was lost in a blizzard wandering (low visibility) looking for shelter and arrived at this location. I thought (erroneously), it was not pathable and trying to walk across it would result in falling to one's death, or that there was a "death barrier". I turned around and suffered as a result!

Yes, this small gap is 100% crossable, but it is also possible to fall from it! (as are several other drop-down areas in SP (no spoilers)) At this location, I'd recommend not being encumbered and using Sprint to cross it with higher confidence.

13 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Yes I have.. so has my son.. it's best to run across it ..

Pain! I am so sorry for your loss! May your future bones be less crunchy.

Edited by Veskaida