Method no longer called

Posted (edited)

Technically this affects mods, however the actual issue is vanilla. So I am putting this in general. The method "PlayerManager.AddLiquidToInventory(ItemLiquidVolume litersToAdd, LiquidType liquidType)" is no longer called when the player picks up a freshly cooked fish. Fuel Manager was patching that method to prevent new fuel containers from being added. However, with 2.29 this method is no longer used, making this function of the mod break. Now given the complete lack of a replacement method, I have to assume this change is not intentional. A bit ago I posted a bug related to unpotable water vanishing in rare circumstances from a pot on a forge, I think this may be related to that bug, given how hard it is to reproduce it.

Oh and the question is: Was this intentional or was it a bug?

Edited by HyperLordBender
Add missing thing

Posted (edited)

I haven't noticed any unusual behavior on vanilla with cooked fish/created lantern oil, or with water vanishing from a (Cooking Pot?) on a Forge with Build # 2.30 on Steam; is this changed method affecting vanilla in some way (if so what are the steps for replication?), or is it only breaking a mod?

If you think this is a glitch/exploit/bug I'd recommend submitting a bug report to Hinterlands directly, though if this (sounds like now-deprecated method) is breaking a mod I'd recommend the Hinterlands Modding subforum.

Edited by Veskaida

I can confirm I've had recent gameplay when Lantern Oil seemed to generate fine when cooking fish. I did notice a liquid bug I hadn't before, Water/Lantern Oil can somehow appear in my inventory with a liquid content of 0.00 (especially problematic for lantern oil, because the containers have weight) but I'd assume that's an unrelated bug?