Hide Cheat Death icons when checking the time

Just a small thing, but I frequently check the time in my run, and the new 3 x campfire icons at the bottom are very intrusive.  

Given I don't need to know my "death" status at any given point, could these not be changed only to show when initially loading/resuming the game?

I've always liked the lack of hud clutter in TLD, but it seems to be going the other way recently with more unnecessary stuff rather than keeping  it to the (much preferred) minimum.

Cheers,
S

• Upvote 4
  • Like 3

Someone suggested moving them to the left of your needs and condition hud elements in a vertical configuration, that way they are a little more out of the way, and easier to link to your character's life. 

Although I also like the alternate option like putting them in the status screen, or when loading.

Of course, I'm not a developer and don't know how much work this'll take, I just like the idea.

Edited by Smellyfries
Fixing Typos
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if they still do, but theud even pop up during challenges where cheat death is disabled.

I like the idea of them being in the health staus screen and escape menu. Your "lives" should feel a bit more like a gnawing, anxious thought at the back of your mind rather than a mario 1up.

• Upvote 1