Creative Mode

TyTheFly

Posted (edited)

I think we should add a creative mode for people who just want to explore the map and don't want to worry about freezing or being hungry/thirsty or even if they just want to play with all the different items in the game. So we should just add a creative mode where you can spawn any item/animal can you also make it so u can eat and drink cause some people enjoy the ASMR of the eating and drinking.

Edited by TyTheFly
I needed to add a topic tag

9 hours ago, TyTheFly said:

I think we should add a creative mode for people who just want to explore the map and don't want to worry about freezing or being hungry/thirsty or even if they just want to play with all the different items in the game. So we should just add a creative mode where you can spawn any item/animal can you also make it so u can eat and drink cause some people enjoy the ASMR of the eating and drinking.

I have mixed feelings on this. I really enjoyed Creative Mode in Subnautica. Built massive bases without any worries, swam with the Stalkers, petted the Reaper Leviathans.  Explored everything everywhere. Building huge and complex bases was the best part for me.

We have no base building in this game. Exploring the world without worries of dying would be great, but it would also be OP- learn every inch of every map without any risk- then go in in Stalker or Interloper with half the challenge removed. But we did that in Subnautica too, so...

It would have to be done the same way Subnautica did it- Creative Mode disables all achievements. Plus any DLC-only items and extras would only be available to those who own the DLC. I am just not sure it would attract enough new customers to make it financially worthwhile for Hinterland this late in the game. The devs who work on this would still need to be paid- they can't work for free. They have bills to pay and families to take care of just like the rest of us.

And would it be worth the backlash from some players who are already "outraged" over the upcoming Cheat Death system? There are a few people here who seem upset by it, and the Steam forums and some social media platforms have had some people really going off over it. The Subnautica Steam forums when Creative Mode was announced were full of people going off too, and things got kinda ugly in some of the threads that were posted about it. And right now, it seems like some gamers are just looking for any little thing to get nasty over, especially on Steam and on social media.

• Upvote 1

On 5/31/2024 at 2:06 AM, ThePancakeLady said:

We have no base building in this game. Exploring the world without worries of dying would be great, but it would also be OP- learn every inch of every map without any risk- then go in in Stalker or Interloper with half the challenge removed. But we did that in Subnautica too, so...

Yeah, I agree. You kinda need base building or there's not much point in a creative mode.

• Upvote 1