Makeshift workbenches

I find it really unconvient to have to looking for a work bench or take a 15 minute hike every time I want to make something more complicated. I understand its supposed to add challenge but if I am sewing a animal coat what am I using the workbench for that I couldn't just use the floor for. But if they want to add something like a make shift workbench out of reclaimed wood and scrap metal that would be nice. Of course the make shift should make you suffer a penalty like 50% slower crafting or a chance for a item to fail completely and have to start over.

P.S. I WANT RECYCLED CAN RECIPIES

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

At the risk of upsetting someone, there is a mod to allow you to craft anywhere. If you choose to use it, please do not bother Hinterland if you have issues with this or any other mod. They didn't make it. It's a pretty simple Google search to find mods that address this issue.

You might wanna take this idea to the Wish List thread.  I am sure there are many other players who feel the same way as well, I do.
Anyway, if you're a pc player and don't feel like waiting for this idea to be adopted, then modding the game might be something that would interest you.

Get all your questions about modding answered on the Modding and UGC thread right here on these forums.

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

It might be part of base customisation.. 

Leeanda, are you just guessing or do you know something that no one else does?  I don't recall reading/hearing anything on the roadmap that included a makeshift workbench.  Be cool if it does roll out when the base customization does drop.

2 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Leeanda, are you just guessing or do you know something that no one else does?  I don't recall reading/hearing anything on the roadmap that included a makeshift workbench.  Be cool if it does roll out when the base customization does drop.

I wish I did 😁.  But sadly not..I'm just guessing 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@piddy3825
To be clear... What was inappropriate was making your own assumptions and accusing @Leeanda after she'd already answered your question and clarified that she was only guessing.  It should have ended right there.  Continuing to carry on and make accusations based on faulty assumptions... I think that's just bad form.

:coffee::fire::coffee:
(as volunteer moderators... we don't have any inside information.  We are just here to do what the name suggests, and that's moderate the forums.  We are just like other fans of the Long Dark, we theorize and share thoughts and ideas like any other member of the community.)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:16 PM, Laxgoalie said:

At the risk of upsetting someone, there is a mod to allow you to craft anywhere. If you choose to use it, please do not bother Hinterland if you have issues with this or any other mod. They didn't make it. It's a pretty simple Google search to find mods that address this issue.

im on xbox cant  mod so i was unaware