Stuck and can't move

I can't move on any builds I try before the redux update. I'm trying to replay predux wintermute and when I boot up wintermute or survival mode my mouse and keyboard stops working once I get control of my character. Why can't I move? What's the deal?

Do you have a controller or VR headset/controllers plugged in, or wireless-powered on and in range, while you are using kb/m controls? (Check to make sure the game settings are set up for the correct one, and disconnect/power-off any VR gear or controllers if you have any- Steam will autodetect them and may reset your controls settings to Gamepad instead of kb/m.)

I remember some of the older versions of the game (and other games) having issues with Steam Input, even if you weren't using a controller (have to disable Steam Input in the game's Properties > Controller menu in your Steam Library.)

Only guesses I have. File a bug report with a session log maybe? 

On 5/9/2024 at 2:22 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Do you have a controller or VR headset/controllers plugged in, or wireless-powered on and in range, while you are using kb/m controls? (Check to make sure the game settings are set up for the correct one, and disconnect/power-off any VR gear or controllers if you have any- Steam will autodetect them and may reset your controls settings to Gamepad instead of kb/m.)

I remember some of the older versions of the game (and other games) having issues with Steam Input, even if you weren't using a controller (have to disable Steam Input in the game's Properties > Controller menu in your Steam Library.)

Only guesses I have. File a bug report with a session log maybe? 

Alright so I tried this but the game still cannot detect mouse and keyboard. I'm using my old ps4 controller and that works but any attempt to get the mouse and keyboard to function fails past the menus. I'm really not sure what to do to fix this.

I really do not want to use a controller if I don't have to.

This has happened to me intermittently for years, but it usually resolves by just quitting and restarting the game. In my case it is just the directional keys and my Esc key still works. For whatever reason it seems to happen less often if I click keys on the keyboard instead of the mouse to skip the opening screens. Also try plugging your mouse and keyboard directly into your computer instead of though a hub. My issue got much better when I plugged my mouse into my computer instead of into the USB port on my keyboard.

On 5/9/2024 at 5:33 PM, TheCoolCario said:

I can't move on any builds I try before the redux update. I'm trying to replay predux wintermute and when I boot up wintermute or survival mode my mouse and keyboard stops working once I get control of my character. Why can't I move? What's the deal?

If you're still having issues with this please file a ticket with support.