Lichen

Pyroxene

On 5/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, Leeanda said:

I thought about that too.. even seaweed.

Definitely.  Certain types of Seaweed could even be food sources. Bull kelp is edible and can be found on the  coasts there. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SirJustice12 said:

Definitely.  Certain types of Seaweed could even be food sources. Bull kelp is edible and can be found on the  coasts there. 

Maybe a special thing to wash up during blizzards only..

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Maybe a special thing to wash up during blizzards only..

Could be. Obviously it would only be available in the coastal areas. Kinda a seaside version of catail stalks. Easy enough thing to add I would think. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SirJustice12 said:

Could be. Obviously it would only be available in the coastal areas. Kinda a seaside version of catail stalks. Easy enough thing to add I would think. 

That sounds like a fair swap, I know coastal has cat tails but definitely not that many..

• Upvote 1

BC has literally hundreds of freshwater rivers emptying into the ocean...brackish conditions are literally everywhere so it does make sense you could get fresh or salt water fare while beachcombing....

• Upvote 3

for a bit of an explanation if anyone wants it
there will actually be less ice in flowing river, cause the momentum of the water and essentially the molecules rubbing against eachother, it becomes warmer. while ice floats and clumps up in rivers, there will still be a noticable amount of water for atleast small freshwater fish to occasionally find their way to the ocean
and of course the ice acts as an insulator from the colder weather outside, so if the top completely freezes over, the rest becomes much slower to freeze

with that said, i do like the idea of occasionally seaweed/kelp washing ashore. maybe needing multiple to make a small dish
and there is one property of kelp that might have some usage. prebiotics. essentially eating it makes it so your healthy gut bacteria is better and stronger. so perhaps for a short duration (say a day) after eating it you are a certain percentage less likely to get food poisoning.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1