Mountaineer's Hut Roof Repair

I love in-game tricks like this. Most of us just use mods or the dev console to patch the roof, but knowing it's possible on Steam Deck or whatever non-PC platform people use, is great!

• Upvote 1

In my current run the moose spawn by the hut seems to be occupied every time I visit TWM, so I've already carpeted the hut interior with plush moose-skin rugs. Guess I know what I'll be doing next time I'm on the mountain!  ^_^

• Like 1

I do love the mountaineer's hut as one of my favorite bases and also love using exploits like this to accomplish tasks in the game that are otherwise impossible to complete without the use of mods!  quick shout out to @ajb1978 for having introduced me to the "curing in place" glitch so many years ago!  

On 4/20/2024 at 9:42 PM, ArchimedesLP said:

Pretty sure I got Cabin Fever IRL figuring this one out. Using some of the new Tales items to get up onto the roof and patch up the hole with moose hides. Full tutorial here:

You, Sir, are a genius!

• Upvote 1

On 4/22/2024 at 12:16 PM, piddy3825 said:

I do love the mountaineer's hut as one of my favorite bases and also love using exploits like this to accomplish tasks in the game that are otherwise impossible to complete without the use of mods!  quick shout out to @ajb1978 for having introduced me to the "curing in place" glitch so many years ago!  

I actually tried to use "curing in place" for this first but unfortunately it only works "indoors" and the defined indoors area for the hut is a rectangular solid that excludes the triangular roof!

4 hours ago, ArchimedesLP said:

I actually tried to use "curing in place" for this first but unfortunately it only works "indoors" and the defined indoors area for the hut is a rectangular solid that excludes the triangular roof!

Yeah, I tried holding up a bear pelt up to the roof from the inside once many years ago trying to use the curing in place glitch and the attempt proved futile.  I did however use it pretty extensively hanging hides on the walls throughout my various base camps!  Love the fact you have fleshed this glitch out and aired it here! 

Now, please figure out another way to use a frying pan to create a makeshift bridge at the cannery in Bleak Inlet!  

12 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

Now, please figure out another way to use a frying pan to create a makeshift bridge at the cannery in Bleak Inlet!  

You mean this? Also, someone did a frying pan version that should be easier to execute reliably.