Salted Meat?

survivor123

We definitely need the ability to salt meat so it can be eaten on the go. We get salt, we get meat. Combine it in the crafting page, then we need to let it cure for a couple of days. The draw back is it makes your water level go down.

• Upvote 4
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2024 at 6:33 PM, survivor123 said:

We definitely need the ability to salt meat so it can be eaten on the go. We get salt, we get meat. Combine it in the crafting page, then we need to let it cure for a couple of days. The draw back is it makes your water level go down.

I disagree. One important gameplay aspect is the need to cook; burning matches, wood etc. taking time. This adds little and greatly subtracts from the cooking gameplay. The game should be more challenging not easier. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 1:33 PM, survivor123 said:

This has been suggested in a few threads I believe, and it’s a good idea.  The ability to distill sea water for additional salt would be a welcome companion.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

This has been suggested in a few threads I believe, and it’s a good idea.  The ability to distill sea water for additional salt would be a welcome companion.  

I agree.... As long as we don't have to take a massive risk of a dunking to collect the sea water ..  😁

10 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Lol...  I've had enough dunkings already....

I'm not even going to contemplate doing it in a bikini lol😁

They added a bikini to the clothing list??  What’s the warmth and wind break rating? 😂😂

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smellyfries said:

You could get Salt from holes in the ice like the Fishing Shacks, break open the ice and grab a few bottles without the risk of taking a cold swim.

That’s the most reasonable and implementable way 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

They added a bikini to the clothing list??  What’s the warmth and wind break rating? 😂😂

I bet there's some in one of those drawers somewhere lol..    

And about the same as those new  boots... completely useless lol..

• Upvote 1

I love this idea. Like some people are saying it could unbalance cooking if implemented improperly by making it too easy, but it could be balanced by making salt harder to get than cooking the meat in the first place. IE: the salt to cure a piece of meat takes 2-3 times as much wood to make as the wood to just cook the meat. This makes it harder to get while also adding player-made jerky to put in stash houses for emergencies.