Can bears meet?

Sadly, I haven't seen two bears meet each other anywhere on the map, their wandering range is definitely designed so they don't get close to one another. I would try to lure a bear to another bear, but I have this feeling that I'd get mauled.

Though a thought I had before finishing this, it would probably be easier to lure them to another territory with a high scent, that way you can stay out of their agro range. Might need to do this on custom without wolves though, as every wolf in the area would also tag along lol.

• Upvote 2

I have seen the PV rope bear be lead towards the farm and the farm bear being there too..   from what I remember the farm bear just carried on walking past..   until the other bear was dead anyway... 

I think it works the same way as wolves do,only one can be in agro at you.. 

I think it was one of @Zaknafein videos where he was confronted by a bear and a moose at the same time and the moose bugged out and couldn't decide what it was doing..

• Upvote 4

I have trailed a couple of bears into the known patrol territory of other bears, but each time the "local" bear wasn't around when the interloper followed me, so I've never seen two together. I have seen a bear and a moose together a few times tho (in both PV and TWM), and they just kinda ignored each other completely, so I'd expect bears to just do the same, as Leeanda has pretty much confirmed.

I don't recall seeing Zak's video she mentioned so I don't know what was going on with the moose in that case, but both behaved totally normally each time I saw them. Neither were aware of me any time I've seen them together tho - perhaps that could change things.

• Upvote 1

I have shot the bear in pv birch area and while it was running around panicking,it set the moose ,rabbits and deer into panic mode too..  it's only happened there though,and only twice...   It's quite funny really😁

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I have shot the bear in pv birch area and while it was running around panicking,it set the moose ,rabbits and deer into panic mode too..  it's only happened there though,and only twice...   It's quite funny really😁

That's something I'd like to see - I've never seen any critters set the moose off running, or a bear for that matter. I wonder if a fleeing moose would spook a bear too. And whether that's a Pilgrim thing or across the board.

I have seen most other combinations of fleeing animal setting others off tho, so it wouldn't really surprise me. Guess I know what I'm doing if I see them both at the corner of the birch forest again (TWM moose spawn is elsewhere in my current run, so that's out).

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, artmunki said:

I have trailed a couple of bears into the known patrol territory of other bears, but each time the "local" bear wasn't around when the interloper followed me, so I've never seen two together.

It is possible, but it's hard. They had the same behave how the black wolfs! One bear is waiting and the other stalking you, also I played interloper too🙂

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, artmunki said:

That's something I'd like to see - I've never seen any critters set the moose off running, or a bear for that matter. I wonder if a fleeing moose would spook a bear too. And whether that's a Pilgrim thing or across the board.

I have seen most other combinations of fleeing animal setting others off tho, so it wouldn't really surprise me. Guess I know what I'm doing if I see them both at the corner of the birch forest again (TWM moose spawn is elsewhere in my current run, so that's out).

I imagine it's possible on any difficulty,just less likely given bears don't run away as often..    I think it'd still work the other way around too.. 

But the refresh might change everything ,it could become the norm or impossible.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I imagine it's possible on any difficulty,just less likely given bears don't run away as often..    I think it'd still work the other way around too.. 

But the refresh might change everything ,it could become the norm or impossible.

Ooh, I'd almost forgotten about the pending wildlife refresh. Can't wait to see what's changing.

• Upvote 2