Remove condition from itens that don't use it

CrazyLazyCat

I have a dream, that one day I'll open the steam browser and see a new TLD update with the description:

-Removed condition from itens:

Matches, Cured itens, flare shells, tin of coffee, herbal tea, 

AND, as a bonus

- you can now unload the oil from a lamp

-Lamp oil now works like water, they will stack over one slot, and you can drop as much as you like (portions of 0.5L, or less, will be placed on the small tin, and above that up to 5L will be placed on the jerrycan)

Please! make this dream come true

• Upvote 6

So funnily enough flare shells, coffee and herbal tea do degrade over time, so quality isnt 100% meaningless on them

It takes 2000 days for flare shells to degrade completely, and the quality of a cup of tea or coffee has zero impact on their effects since you can't get food poisoning, so they're like 98% useless instead of 100%.

But this is a good idea and i support it.
Matches, Crafting materials (cloth, cured leather/skins/guts, scrap metal, etc), consumables like water, firewood, charcoal, etc should all not have a quality at all.

Now this is probably never going to happen because it's unnecessary and would make zero difference in gameplay and also requires effort from the devs.

Maybe instead of actually removing quality from some items, they could instead simply hide the text from the item descriptions of the ones that don't need it, while keeping it intact internally to avoid unnecessary programming and spaghetti

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 9:08 PM, BugReportEnthusiast said:

Maybe instead of actually removing quality from some items, they could instead simply hide the text from the item descriptions of the ones that don't need it, while keeping it intact internally to avoid unnecessary programming and spaghetti

alright for me, as long as the itens can stack up together