Input buffer for firing weapons, please.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, JackTrysGames said:

The only weapon you'd need this with is the Revolver, and even then, why would you be slam firing downrange?

... To kill things faster?? When a moose or a wolf is charging me, i want to be able to hammer out shots without my weapon seizing up out of nowhere

I don't really see a problem with an accurate depiction of a double action revolver. 

The revolver doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, there is a lapse as the cylinder has to turn to the next available cartridge and the hammer pulls back.... then  when the cylinder is in position it releases the hammer and fires the shot..

1 hour ago, Cr41g said:

I don't really see a problem with an accurate depiction of a double action revolver. 

The revolver doesn't fire when you pull the trigger, there is a lapse as the cylinder has to turn to the next available cartridge and the hammer pulls back.... then  when the cylinder is in position it releases the hammer and fires the shot..

The topic i originally posted has absolutely nothing to do with what you just mentioned.

First of all, the current implementation of the revolver is not an accurate depiction of a double action revolver.
In game, the bullet will fire as soon as you click the button, without any delay. So i have no idea why you describe the TLD revolver as a realistic depiction of double action revolvers.

Secondly, i am not suggesting allowing players to spam shoot the revolver by clicking really fast, if that's what you thought i meant. That's not what an input buffer does.

Thirdly, this feature is a vital quality of life improvement in any game that has semi automatic weapons.
Yes, TLD is not a shooter game, of course. But that doesn't make it a good idea to make the weapons in it feel clunky, inconsistent and unresponsive when used

I was suggesting that it was more accurate because it takes time to cycle to fire a second shot and that you cannot spam fire... I realize the implementation is backwards.... the weapons are clunky and unresponsive I would imagine as they are based on much older models.