Lefty's my Bestie | Starting a survival series :)

I am starting a Survival (mode) series, playing The Long Dark. If in doubt, go left. That is why... Lefty's my Bestie.

This is something I haven't done before on my channel but let's see how it goes! I am also going to be attempting to get the Pacifist and Living Off the Land achievements. 
 I hope you enjoy the series!  :) 

Short Preview of Part 1

Start with Part 1 here: 

Preview of Part 2: 

• Upvote 1

You're doing great....

Don't worry about the bear,you're allowed to kill and eat any animal..just no found food ,not even raw or cooked meat that you find in buildings.. 

Bear,moose,wolf,rabbit,fish and birds you kill yourself are all good... 😊

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Abz said:

Heya @Leeanda

I am also trying to get the Pacifist Achievement at the same time, which means no killing any animals. So I have messed up haha 😅

Ah..I forgot about that one..my apologies...    But as long as you don't kill anything else then it should reset anyway... Just might take a bit longer..

You could just lure all the deer into wolves and scare the wolves off with hip shots lol..  bunnies might be easier to herd but not much meat in them..

Desolation was probably not the best start though ,given no cat tails .. but youre still doing great

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Bad luck in ash ....    I started there on my stalker/loper run and nearly died after 5 minutes😁.   

I believe the carrots and potatoes are the same as the rest of the found food, ...   

I'm sure you know already but both reishi and rose hip teas will give you calories ,not much but better than nothing if you're in trouble..

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Bad luck in ash ....    I started there on my stalker/loper run and nearly died after 5 minutes😁.   

I believe the carrots and potatoes are the same as the rest of the found food, ...   

I'm sure you know already but both reishi and rose hip teas will give you calories ,not much but better than nothing if you're in trouble..

Haha yeah I just shouldn't of tried climbing 3 ropes when I had just started, I forgot there were 3 instead of just  ropes. I was being too ambitious, hehe. 😅

• Upvote 1

Me again 😁.   I

In answer to your question...do like mystery lake a lot but my favourite map is PV... Despite the weather ,I love the openness of it ,just the right amount of buildings without it seeming cluttered...   Plenty of wildlife,and the farm has lots of storage space ,a 6 burner oven and a workbench..

The only thing I think it's missing is acorns/ trees,theres plenty of space to add some...

Black rocks not my favourite either but for me the worst map is mountain town... Climb only access, it's too messy and depressing,sooo many loading screens too.. it's a dark place..

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, Leeanda said:

Me again 😁.   I

In answer to your question...do like mystery lake a lot but my favourite map is PV... Despite the weather ,I love the openness of it ,just the right amount of buildings without it seeming cluttered...   Plenty of wildlife,and the farm has lots of storage space ,a 6 burner oven and a workbench..

The only thing I think it's missing is acorns/ trees,theres plenty of space to add some...

Black rocks not my favourite either but for me the worst map is mountain town... Climb only access, it's too messy and depressing,sooo many loading screens too.. it's a dark place..

I do see what you mean about PV, it has some benefits and the farm is def a good place for a main base. I guess personally I just prefer other regions more :) 

I am surprised at what you say about mountain town! Maybe I get the messy part, but depressing? hehe. It is interesting how everyone experiences the regions differently though. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Abz said:

I do see what you mean about PV, it has some benefits and the farm is def a good place for a main base. I guess personally I just prefer other regions more :) 

I am surprised at what you say about mountain town! Maybe I get the messy part, but depressing? hehe. It is interesting how everyone experiences the regions differently though. 

Plus pv farm has a safe and free dinner delivery... I do miss  that bear😁

I suppose it's because of it's history that it feels like that,grey mothers daughter,the burnt down school..  but yes it's interesting what one sees as depressing doesn't to someone else...   

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Someone else had the same issue with the lantern... Definitely bugged... 

Memento cache is...

Spoiler

Inside the dam in the room where you climb through the window,opposite the buffer 

I had to look on ytube for that one😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:16 PM, Leeanda said:

Someone else had the same issue with the lantern... Definitely bugged... 

Memento cache is...

Reveal hidden contents

Inside the dam in the room where you climb through the window,opposite the buffer 

I had to look on ytube for that one😁

First time I've experienced the issue with the lantern, ah well :) 
Thanks for the memento cache location! hehe 

• Upvote 1

Well that was a lousy way to end.. after getting all that free  meat too...    that's bad luck..

May I suggest that if you have a flare gun ,that just aiming should scare the wolves away without you needing to use it..  comes in handy when it's too windy for torches..

Good luck on the next one,and I hope that memento cache is full of goodies.😊 

Oh and I live in the UK...  Land of robin hood 🏹

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well that was a lousy way to end.. after getting all that free  meat too...    that's bad luck..

May I suggest that if you have a flare gun ,that just aiming should scare the wolves away without you needing to use it..  comes in handy when it's too windy for torches..

Good luck on the next one,and I hope that memento cache is full of goodies.😊 

Oh and I live in the UK...  Land of robin hood 🏹

Yeah it was bad luck and also me being a bit silly. I should of taken a torch or something instead of hoping id get to an interior before the wolves attacked haha. 

Oh cool! Are you from Nottingham then? 

• Upvote 2

I think it might've attacked anyway,it was pretty close to you .. even if it was lurking behind the fence... Sneaky beast..

I am.. I actually live a few towns away from Sherwood forest lol...   What's left of it anyway..  in the days of robin hood half of England was the forest..

• Upvote 2