Extra Rifle Spawns in Coastal Highway

Since the last hotfix (Dec 2023)  I have noticed two strange occurrences in Coastal Highway:

1.  Barb's rifles keeps spawning every few days at the fishing hut where i initially found my Barb's rifle at or about day 50 of my 1400+ day run on Voyageur.  At times I have 2 or 3 at once - pick up one leaning inside the fishing hut and a second or third is still there.  I have assembled a pile of seven extra Barb's rifles outside that fishing hut.

2.  Canoes, fishing boats, suitcases, etc that show up in areas of unapproachable thin ice never despawn.  Those items would vanish after 3-4 only to return at various locations after the next blizzard.  A fishing boat at the end of Jackrabbit Island has been in place on the edge of the ice for 15 days.

At this rate I will soon be harvesting extra rifles for fire wood and extra metal.

Anyone else finding extra rifles?

• Upvote 1

The rifles a known bug...  There's a couple of threads on it somewhere... 

I'm not getting anything on the beaches staying or respawning like that... But I haven't seen a boat of any kind in quite a while.. post blizzard loot is the same as pre except the rare corpse or suitcase..

• Upvote 1

The multi-spawns for Barb's and Vaughn's rifles have been popping up quite regularly for a few folks on this forum (myself included - currently have 3 Vaughn's), and I've also had a respawned Woodright's bow too. I'm pretty sure the Sport Bow in the Zone is intended tho - it's a manufactured product after all, so it's not too unlikely to find two on an island where hunting is quite popular, and I haven't yet heard of anyone finding it twice in the same place - always one in the Airfield region and one in the Zone. Not sure I've heard of anyone report multiple Curator's Rifle tho (I haven't found one at all in my current run), nor any of the variant pistols, so it might just be those two rifle variants for some reason. I do have a nagging feeling someone mentioned getting silly numbers of just regular rifles too tho. Multi-spawning various things has been a glitch in the game for a while now.

As for the beachcombing stuff - I've also found a couple of those fishing boats on weak ice, but wasn't brave/foolish enough to stick around long enough to find out what happens when the ice cracks - somehow I just couldn't see the game logic agreeing with what real-world logic would suggest might happen. With the smaller watercraft I can sometimes manage to grab stuff when they're on shaky ground, since it's just sitting loose beside the craft anyway, but I just don't bother with containers on thin ice - learned that lesson the cold way several times. I haven't really seen any of the various containers or boats stick around persistently after a blizzard tho, but it seems like their loose items sometimes do - I often see the loose items from the rowboat or canoe hanging around on their own, and even those from the fishing boat have still been there occasionally, just levitating in place where they had been sitting on the boat. Once I was walking towards a distant fishing boat (on regular ice, not thin) at the Commuter's Lament end of CH when a blizzard hit, and the boat itself despawned right in front of my eyes, just before I reached it. I think I may have posted about it elsewhere on the forum, and I can't actually remember clearly right now, but I think the loose items were left behind, even tho I actually saw the boat vanish. So yeah, that's a thing too, for now. 

These spawning issues were happening before the recent update and hotfix tho - at least since the Frontier Comforts update, and maybe before that - so whatever's causing it just hasn't been fixed yet. They'll sort it eventually, so just be grateful for your bonus booty for now I guess.  ^_^

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, artmunki said:

The multi-spawns for Barb's and Vaughn's rifles have been popping up quite regularly for a few folks on this forum (myself included - currently have 3 Vaughn's), and I've also had a respawned Woodright's bow too. I'm pretty sure the Sport Bow in the Zone is intended tho - it's a manufactured product after all, so it's not too unlikely to find two on an island where hunting is quite popular, and I haven't yet heard of anyone finding it twice in the same place - always one in the Airfield region and one in the Zone. Not sure I've heard of anyone report multiple Curator's Rifle tho (I haven't found one at all in my current run), nor any of the variant pistols, so it might just be those two rifle variants for some reason. I do have a nagging feeling someone mentioned getting silly numbers of just regular rifles too tho. Multi-spawning various things has been a glitch in the game for a while now.

As for the beachcombing stuff - I've also found a couple of those fishing boats on weak ice, but wasn't brave/foolish enough to stick around long enough to find out what happens when the ice cracks - somehow I just couldn't see the game logic agreeing with what real-world logic would suggest might happen. With the smaller watercraft I can sometimes manage to grab stuff when they're on shaky ground, since it's just sitting loose beside the craft anyway, but I just don't bother with containers on thin ice - learned that lesson the cold way several times. I haven't really seen any of the various containers or boats stick around persistently after a blizzard tho, but it seems like their loose items sometimes do - I often see the loose items from the rowboat or canoe hanging around on their own, and even those from the fishing boat have still been there occasionally, just levitating in place where they had been sitting on the boat. Once I was walking towards a distant fishing boat (on regular ice, not thin) at the Commuter's Lament end of CH when a blizzard hit, and the boat itself despawned right in front of my eyes, just before I reached it. I think I may have posted about it elsewhere on the forum, and I can't actually remember clearly right now, but I think the loose items were left behind, even tho I actually saw the boat vanish. So yeah, that's a thing too, for now. 

These spawning issues were happening before the recent update and hotfix tho - at least since the Frontier Comforts update, and maybe before that - so whatever's causing it just hasn't been fixed yet. They'll sort it eventually, so just be grateful for your bonus booty for now I guess.  ^_^

Artmunki, thank you for your detailed response.  It helps greatly.

I agree that containers on thin ice are not worth the bother.  By the time you reach and open it you are going to be through the ice.  I did this once near a fishing hut with a raging fire in the stove.  A quick retreat to the hut and 12 hours of rest set me right again.  I have seen the various scenarios you paint....loot remaining in mid air after the boat is gone, loose loot persisting on the ice after the canoe or row boat despawns and even suitcases spawning inside a wolf carcass on the ice.  Eventually these bugs will be worked out.

Now I have decide what to do with 7 extra Barb rifles.  If only each one came with a few rifle cartridges.  😐

Edited by Blizzard Walker
spelling
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Blizzard Walker said:

Now I have decide what to do with 7 extra Barb rifles.  If only each one came with a few rifle cartridges.  😐

Wish I could remember where I found Barb's rifle in this run - kinda feel like I should go back & check, if only I knew where to look!  ^_^