Signal Void / Interloper / Batteries

Ahatch

Finally decided to take my long run Interloper to play the Signal Void mission. So managed to repair the Forsaken Airfield tower to start off then managed to almost get the Forlorn one fixed but just need one wire and a couple scrap metal. So I  went back to my base at Camp Office and decided I would go to the Hydra Dam then head to Signal Hill on PV. Managed to get everything done except the battery. So now I have searched the entire Coastal Highway and PV with no luck. Likely going to check Desolation Point next. Just wondering if I'm the only Interloper running around looking for a battery. 

The only place I've had a problem finding a battery is Mountain Town.  I'll usually find one in one of the cars in Milton but sometimes have to go up to the bridge with the bear to find one in a car there.  I've seen some streamers not find a battery anywhere in Mountain Town and have to go to Broken Railroad or somewhere else.

Every other transmitter, I've always found a battery very close.

These are all fairly new runs, though.  Maybe your long Interloper run has been around long enough that batteries weren't spawned in the same way?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, Mountain Town frequently doesn't have a battery. Last time I think I carried one from Coastal Highway there. But I've also found spares on other maps like PV, BR. Bleak Inlet, or Keepers Path. It's random.

I think doing a battery run once is fine. The others transmitters always had one near them for me.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies just finished looting Bleak Inlet (no battery yet) so I think I need to go to The Point of Disagreement and also check the car heading to Blackrock. It's ok though found lots of good loot I left on these maps on previous stays. This run was started after the save wipe last year but has plenty of fuses and wires just unlucky on the batteries so far. Thought for sure the cannery would have one but nothing.....

After searching through all the cars on Bleak Inlet and the Cannery I went back to Forlorn Muskeg and finished repairing the tower there. Anyway after completing that it unlocked a new task. So I thought well I didn't want to hang around with no food so I decided I would go fix the tower on Milton so I went all the way there and once again searched all the cars without success just have to check the farm. My question does the game want you to complete the previous task before spawning the batteries and I am running all over the countryside for nothing LOL

On 12/24/2023 at 3:56 AM, Ahatch said:

Finally decided to take my long run Interloper to play the Signal Void mission. So managed to repair the Forsaken Airfield tower to start off then managed to almost get the Forlorn one fixed but just need one wire and a couple scrap metal. So I  went back to my base at Camp Office and decided I would go to the Hydra Dam then head to Signal Hill on PV. Managed to get everything done except the battery. So now I have searched the entire Coastal Highway and PV with no luck. Likely going to check Desolation Point next. Just wondering if I'm the only Interloper running around looking for a battery. 

Yeah, thats a problem for runs that have been created before the transmitter gameplay was released. I also had that problem with my ~700 day loper that was created on the day Totft was released, some containers have guaranteed ones in them (FM i think) some could have one, but if you have looted them before the patch, they are empty and that creates problems, even though the overworld spawns are there, even for long runs.

Before ZoC, i only had the PV Signal left and thought i could never finish the tale. Luckily, in ZoC there have been 2 batterys. I hauled one via travois all the way back to PV. Was a bit of a pain, but im a completionist :P Theres also another 1 in the PV Bunker for the optional others.

Have you searched the barns in PV as well? Sometimes there are batterys in them, pretty well hidden. You could also check the cars in keepers pass south for batterys, that would also be alot faster (and safer) than hauling one from ZoC back.

• Upvote 1

I took your advice Shadox and after finding the bunker on Bleak Inlet made for PV then Keepers Pass where I hit the jackpot and found 2 batteries dragged them back on the new sled and fixed the one on Pleasant Valley and waiting for an another aurorae to go search for the bunker. Then I will have to carry the battery and sled through the winding river transition to Mystery Lake then lug the thing to Mountain Town should be an adventure :)    

• Upvote 1

Heh it will be annoying but I have a pretty good trail of food along the way as I will head to Winding River then stop at the dam refuel on deer meat from the ravine then trappers then from there into Milton through the cave but yes the climbing will be a chore lol

• Upvote 1

Well I managed to get the battery to Milton and now am on the way back to Forsaken Airfield just got to get by survivors clothes all patched up and cook some fish to make lamp oil then it's off to finish Signal Void then it's to Zone Of Contamination.....

TLDbest.png

• Upvote 2

The Zone is amazingly well done! Explored only like half of it and had to back off to recover, but like half of it has HRV Vibes while the other half is industrial. Searching the buried echoes signal doesnt seem to difficult because of the frequent glimmerfog, but beware of the dogs :P

• Upvote 1

Finished Signal Void now going to take my 700 day run Interloper into the death trap that is the Zone Of Contamination , not sure if I should do a couple practice rounds in the region just to get a feel for the wolves LOL don't want to lose this run