Mods Not Showing/Working Despite Installing Latest MelonLoader, Dotnet 6.0.25, and VC_redist.x64

Big Island Joe

Aloha Everyone,

Just starting out with mods for the first time for TLD.  I'm not a gamer and have a less-than-basic knowledge about computer filing/admin stuff but am getting back into the game after 4 years.  I discovered xspazman's mods and decided to try!

Turns out getting the mods to run is trickier than I thought - my lizard brain got super confused and spent about 2 weekends trying to figure out what's wrong.

I'm using bootcamp on an Apple IMac desktop and have been playing the unmodded TLD just fine (Lord forgive me, I have sinned!)

The game has been updated to the CH4 Hinterland update.

Whenever installation is finished, I can clearly see the 'MODS' folder in the location per Xpazman's instructions.

However when I play the game, the 'MOD' option is missing from the game menu or while playing/pausing.

It seems Melon can't load or find the mod

I tried installing multiple mods, to a single mod, on only 'updated' mods, with the same effect.

Can someone advise me?  Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Mod location in folder.PNG

Mod file location.PNG

Mod error capture.PNG

The best place to get support is the TLD Modding Discord: https://discord.com/channels/322211727192358914/ 

That's where all the devs hang out.

The mod list site also says that mods are only compatible with the Steam and GoG Windows versions there. Not sure if it's different when running Windows on a Mac. But normally mods don't run on Macs.

Edited by Serenity

On 12/11/2023 at 6:34 AM, KibblesTheRexouium said:

in wine it will run, setting it up is bit trickier but i use it on my linux machine to play modded tld, and it runs fairly well, and its not even emulation, it only translate the os native api calls into windows ones.

kép.png

I'm not sure this helped, given the OP's admittedly limited technical experience.

I would also recommend Discord.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a non-starter, sorry. MelonLoader is not supported on Macs anymore. A few years back I know some users were able to play the mono version of the game, modded, on Mac. But after it switched to IL2CPP (which is not supported on Mac) MelonLoader no longer works on Macs.

That's why you can't mod the game on Mac. It's MelonLoader, not the mods.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1