Carcasses Keep Disappearing

Nikikeya

On Ps4, just got DLC and updated to 2.25, and I go to skin a rabbit, wanting to leave the hides curing while I continue hunting, figuring I'll gut and fillet it later.

And the whole rabbit disappeared. The hide is in my inventory, but the rest of the carcass is just gone. all the meat and guts vanished, because I skun it first.  

So I tried to take meat and then leave the unskun or gutted rabbit, and it vanished too. 

I've lost three rabbits, because I tried to just take one thing at a time. 

Just happened with a ptarmigan too. gonna try quitting to my last save and see if its still a thing. 

UPDATE 

Shut off the game entirely, restarted and updated ps4, went back in and loaded my old save, went out and hunted three rabbits again

Skun the first rabbit, got the hide and the carcass appeared in my inventory.
Skun the second, got a 2nd hide, but no carcass. 
Skun the 3rd, hide, no carcass.

Dropped the first carcass out of my inventory: IT DISAPEARED TOO

I dunno what to do, gonna try to start a new game and see if the bug is still happening. 

Edited by Nikikeya
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• Nikikeya changed the title to Carcasses Keep Disappearing
3 hours ago, Nikikeya said:

On Ps4, just got DLC and updated to 2.25, and I go to skin a rabbit, wanting to leave the hides curing while I continue hunting, figuring I'll gut and fillet it later.

And the whole rabbit disappeared. The hide is in my inventory, but the rest of the carcass is just gone. all the meat and guts vanished, because I skun it first.  

So I tried to take meat and then leave the unskun or gutted rabbit, and it vanished too. 

I've lost three rabbits, because I tried to just take one thing at a time. 

Just happened with a ptarmigan too. gonna try quitting to my last save and see if its still a thing. 

UPDATE 

Shut off the game entirely, restarted and updated ps4, went back in and loaded my old save, went out and hunted three rabbits again

Skun the first rabbit, got the hide and the carcass appeared in my inventory.
Skun the second, got a 2nd hide, but no carcass. 
Skun the 3rd, hide, no carcass.

Dropped the first carcass out of my inventory: IT DISAPEARED TOO

I dunno what to do, gonna try to start a new game and see if the bug is still happening. 

Same happening to me seems to be all or nothing at the moment to be safe 

• Upvote 2