Harvesting is broken after Tales 4 update

mfuegemann

Hi,

after the update harvesting is broken. Sometimes, when harvesting the pelt of an animal, the point of view changes drastically, so that You can see the sky as animation background. After that leaving the carcass, it is instantly gone, although there was more to harvest. Happened to me with rabbits and wolfs.

If You are harvesting a rabbit that is laying on the ground, the carcass will be set to a much smaller size, after You stop harvesting.

With harvesting level 5 ist is now no longer possible to harvest a carcass with bare hands, even if it is not frozen.

I will file a ticket. I am just interested, if it happens to other players too.

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen the visual harvesting issues you mention in play yet, but the release notes did mention some visual glitches around harvesting that they're already aware of, so I doubt that's really worth mentioning (and they specifically say not to submit tickets for any of the known issues they listed, to be fair).

And from the notes it kinda seems like the end of no-tools carcass harvesting is entirely intentional, unfortunately. Which does kinda make sense, since you'd at least need at least a few cuts to start harvesting a carcass IRL, but it's probably gonna mean I won't be taking as many rabbits in future. You only need to do one thing with your blade tho - say harvest the guts or whatever - and then you can harvest the rest by hand. Curious to see if the same applies to found/ravaged carcasses actually, since they should already be sorta internally accessible. If this is gonna stick, it'd be nice if they add like a prep option to higher-level harvesting so you could make a few preparatory cuts, then harvest the rest by hand, which would hopefully mean less wear on your tools.

• Upvote 2

Hi,

the harvesting camera issue has occurred with wolfs for me too, so I reported that - as only rabbits and ptarmigans have been mentioned in the notes.
The issue with tools has also been clarified by the support: You need a sharp tool for the first cut. After this harvesting without tools is still possible. This change is intentionally - and makes sense.

Edited by mfuegemann
  • Upvote 1